QuarkChain Bi-weekly Project Progress Report: Nov.30 — Dec. 13, 2018
Welcome to the 20th QuarkChain Bi-weekly Report for the period from Nov. 30 to Dec. 13.
1. Development Progress
Our engineers have been actively improving the testnet 2.0 and publishing new releases based on the feedbacks and comments from our users. Here is a list of major updates:
- Added timeout logic in the block synchronizer so that the cluster will give up syncing from slow or unresponsive peers and switch to a better peer instead.
- Fixed a memory leak bug in the P2P layer
- Ran QKCHASH in native code significantly reducing the block validation time
- Added a page to the testnet 2.0 website to show the mining results in real time
- A snapshot of the database is uploaded every 12 hours by the team. New cluster can opt to download and use the database directly instead of syncing blocks from the genesis blocks.
- Built a tool to guide users through creating an address for mining, starting a cluster, syncing blocks, and prompting users for mining when blocks are synchronized with the network.
2. qPocket Mobile Wallet V 1.0.0 official launch
After 6 months of research and numerous testing, we are thrilled to say QuarkChain Wallet — qPocket (V1.1.0) has officially launched. qPocket is a wallet that supports not only multi-shard transactions of QuarkChain, but also ETH and ERC-20 tokens. Please read more details here：https://medium.com/quarkchain-official/introducing-qpocket-mobile-wallet-v1-1-0-41e2fa564ace
Also we published wallet guide: https://medium.com/quarkchain-official/qpocket-user-guide-in-5-minutes-d94120728553
Please download qPocket here: qpocket.io
For Android users, qPocket is available on Google Play, please download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quarkchain.wallet
3. Testnet 2.0 Mining Event
Testnet 2.0 further improves the openness of the network. Users who participate in the mining of the testnet and obtain the test tokens (tQKC) can be converted to QKC of the mainnet in a certain ratio after the launch of mainnet (note that Country restriction). Please find more details here:
- Introducing Testnet 2.0 in details, and everything you need to know about Testnet 2.0 and mining event：https://medium.com/quarkchain-official/quarkchain-announces-official-launch-of-testnet-2-0-mining-8d16c9cd83ef
- A guide for how to mining in an easy way ：https://cryptored.ru/crypto-news/quarkchain-qkc-testnet-2-mining-in-test-network-tqkc-english-version/
- A rough calculation method that everyone is able to estimate how much a miner is expected to receive：https://medium.com/quarkchain-official/how-is-the-mining-reward-calculated-ab64a12ec877
4.1. QuarkChian works together with Bitape and Global Idol Coin to create Upstream and Downstream Ecology of BlockChain
QuarkChain shakes hands with Taiwan’s most promising blockchain intelligent tracking-Bitape. We are planning to integrate Taiwan’s Global Idol Coin Net Red Ecosphere, and create rich applications such as Intelligent Logistics of Cluster Chain, Net Red Competition and BlockChain Game. QuarkChain will bring higher TPS, a better-extended mobility, and a safer on-chain environment.
5.1. 2018 ASEAN Digital Assets Summit
QuarkChain Scientist Researcher Dr. Yang attended the summit and discussed on the hottest topics, such as the global trend of STO regulation and stable coin development. 1000+ attendees, 30+ executives, 50+ speakers, and 100+ media partners globally attended this event. It aims to attract the world’s capital, talents, and technology.
5.2. DoraHacks X Binance 8-Hour Blockchain Hacker Arena @SF
DoraHacks Blockchain Hacker Arena co-hosted with Binance as the first prehack for Binance Singapore Hackathon 2019. QuarkChain as one of the sponsors participated in this shortest Blockchain Hackathon with 20K Prize Pool in San Francisco. Junjia He — QuarkChain Senior Engineer as one of the speakers talked about “Full Node Design in Sharded BlockChain”.
5.3. QuarkChain will participate in the public chain testing and evaluation activities
QuarkChain will participate in the public chain testing and evaluation activities organized by OSA DC, a blockchain partner of Nestle, Coca-Cola and other companies. Through its own higher TPS and flexibility, QuarkChain will become a more suitable infrastructure for carrying OSA DC blockchain applications.
OSA DC is committed to the use of AI-driven blockchain platform, partners including Nestle, Coca-Cola, L’Oreal, Danone and many other international brands. Over the past few years, OSA DC has created considerable benefits for partners.
5.4. QuarkChain Year-End Party 2018 in Japan
On December 12, QuarkChain invited Japanese community fans to join a small party. 15 lucky people were elected to participate in the event in Shibuya Green’s LINE. During the event, community members reviewed the development history of QuarkChain in 2018, and CEO/Qi Zhou prepared videos for the Japanese community, and he really appreciated everyone for supporting QuarkChain. We hope that 2019 will be a better year for QuarkChain.
6. New Face
Mr. Ping Ke is one of the members of the QuarkChain developer team, Before joining QuarkChain, Ping was worked for Microsoft as senior engineering manager. He has 10+ years experience in large distributed system development. Ping obtained his bachelor degree and master degree in BUPT. Ping has deep interests in blockchain and high performance distributed system. After thoroughly researching the blockchain society, he decided to join in QuarkChain. His capability and experience will assist QuarkChain’s construction and development
- We opened QuarkChain’s official developer community on Discord. Please feel free to join us and discuss up-to-date blockchain technologies with other hackers. Welcome! https://discord.me/quarkchain
2. We also started a new post in QuarkChain’s official Reddit Account. We will collect questions before AMA. Please feel free to post questions and suggestions on Reddit. http://bit.ly/AMA1215_TW
3. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/quarkchainofficial/