QuarkChain Bi-weekly Project Progress Report: Oct.19 — Nov.02
Welcome to the 17th QuarkChain Bi-weekly Report for the period from Oct. 19 to Nov. 02.
1. Development Progress
In preparation of Testnet 2.0 which will allow people to run their own clusters and participate in the testnet mining, we have been improving the robustness of clusters, adding more mining features, and integrating the new P2P network layer.
- Improved the stability of the cluster by debugging and fixing an issue that crashed the testnet. The reason for the crash is that this bug caused broadcasting storm of certain blocks which exhausted the memory of the cluster machines.ovided docker resources for building QuarkChain clusters, which facilitate environment set-up for TPS competitions.
- Simplified the threading model and fixed bugs in external miner program that caused accidentally stops of the miner.
- Integrating GPU mining to the testnet.
- Fixed malfunctioned parameters in send Transaction and estimate Gas JSON RPC.
- Refactored the codes for mining reward configuration.
- Updated faucet to distribute multiple tokens at a time.
- Added new P2P server based on the new discovery service and tested the P2P service by running multiple nodes locally.
2. Forbes Interview
While securing an engineer job at places like Facebook and Google is still the dream for many, more and more engineers are quitting from the big names for what they deem a revolution happening in another world: the world of blockchain. Dr. Zhou was one of them. In the interview, he told Forbes that after he saw that sharding, the technology underlying Google’s Bigtable, can also be applied to blockchain, he decided to start his blockchain career. Click HERE for the full interview.
3.1. 2018 Shanghai Community Summit
On October 14, Anthurine Xiang, QuarkChain CMO, went to Shanghai and participated 2018 Community Summit, and delivered a great speech at the summit. One of the main purposes of the summit is to take QuarkChain as an example to introduce how a public chain project should do its own positioning, community building and branding. In addition, QuarkChain also learned strategies from the domestic Internet and blockchain projects to integrate and balance blockchain globalization and localization. Please click HERE to see the full article.
3.2. QuarkChain European Tour
In order to expand the ecosystem of QuarkChain, this November, CEO Dr. Qi Zhou and CMO Antherine Xiang lead the core members of the QuarkChain team will travel to Europe. They will introduce QuarkChain’s high-scalability and more flexible technical features through holding four meetings at different locations. The meetups will include the overview of QuarkChain and the latest information about QuarkChain 2.0 — Using blockchain sharding technology to build a flexible and scalable infrastructure that could incorporate state-of-the-art blockchain innovations, and satisfy the needs from a variety of industries. Please click HERE to get details.
3.3. TPS Competition list part 2
The week before, we released the 1st TPS Competition leaderboard with the top ten peak TPS submissions at that time. The leaderboard inspired the enthusiasm of more participants. The competition became more intense, and the entire ranking has totally changed. The first place’s TPS by Oct. 24 has already reached 22350.10. Please click HERE to check the report.
3.4. QuarkChain Ecosystem Progress Report №3
As QuarkChain grows, we appreciate everyone’s continuous support and company. Our ecosystem has made great progress which has been published in the third report for ecosystem. This report reveals the newest updates about our partners (e.g., OATH, Drep, LendChain,) project progresses, and also QuarkChain’s new partners including Portal Network, Singularity Financial Limited, HintChain，Super Node Community, and Actozsoft. Click HERE for more details.
- We opened QuarkChain’s official developer community on Discord. Please feel free to join us and discuss up-to-date blockchain technologies with other hackers. Welcome! https://discord.gg/aZDWcwV
- We also started a new post in QuarkChain’s official Reddit Account. We will collect questions before AMA. Please feel free to post questions and suggestions on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/quarkchainio/
- We also worked on our Facebook Page and started our first Facebook Live, please follow us. https://www.facebook.com/quarkchain/
Thanks for reading this report. QuarkChain always appreciates your support and company.