Dear Friends & Colleagues,
According to legend, the way to Quatria is different for each voyager. Though two travelers might set off side-by-side on the same road for that ancient mystic land, one might reach it shortly while the other might wander in circles forever. Tradition says the place itself must want to be found, or the quest is doomed from the start.
My own route to Quatria has been the very definition of circuitous. I will not attempt to unravel that long and tangled skein herein, as the shifting signposts and detours I followed might never appear to whosoever comes seeking this mysterious continent after me.
Instead, I will let the discoveries of my past year spent amongst the relics of these remarkable peoples speak for themselves. I have not yet had time to properly process and organize my extensive research and field notes, and so must humbly ask your forgiveness in presenting what I do have in jumbled form at the hyperlink below (I felt it of the utmost importance to simply share my findings posthaste in the furtherance of the work):
Please bookmark, as future research & analysis of this amazing culture will be posted regularly at the above address, supplemented by occasional email updates, from which you may unsubscribe at any time without offense.
I remain your humble servant,
* * *
- A Brief History of the Shape Wars, Vol. I — Curious about Shape societies but were too afraid to ask? Here’s (almost) everything you need to know. (And don’t forget this and this.)
- Only just catching up on the curious case of Tob Gobble? No problem. Start here, then go here, here, and here.
- Quatrian Encyclopedia entries are filling up. Let me know what your most pressing areas of concern are, and I’ll be happy to address them in future entries.
- A Quatria-inspired cartography brush pack for Photoshop is now available for sale on Gumroad. Get them now before “Big Brush” censors them!
- A raw research feed of interesting links is available 24/7 at r/quatria.
- Fellow researchers from the Society for Liminal Cartography were profiled recently in this VICE article. Highly recommended!
Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to share this newsletter with a friend!
* * *
Note to Medium readers:
While Quatria will continue to be syndicated on Medium, this newsletter will not. To continue receiving this newsletter*, you are requested to kindly sign up at my website:
(*The new newsletter uses Mailchimp, which offers enhanced features.)