The Best Tutorials To Learn ECMAScript (ES6) For Beginners
This course contains a ton of creative content, so you’ll learn JS and in-depth ES6 in a stimulating, informative, and fun way.
Filmed tutorials will get you coding yourself. The videos will ensure that you understand the reason behind each new line and keyword.
Optional quizzes and coding challenges reinforce key concepts. Next, coding breaks in each section allow you to approach the course at your own pace.
Mastering ES6 syntax can get you a position in web development or help you build that personal project you’ve been dreaming of. It’s a skill that will put you more in demand in the modern web development industry, especially with the release of modern web frameworks like React and Angular 2.
You’ll start by mastering the fundamentals of iteration over Arrays using helpers like ‘forEach’, ‘map’, and ‘reduce’. After an introduction to Array helpers, we’ll dive right in to advanced ES6, covering topics like enhanced object literals, default function arguments, and classes. Every topic includes multiple live code exercises to ensure you understand each new concept.
- Learn the purpose of Babel and why ES6 was created
- Master the process of refactoring your current ES5 code into super-charged ES6
- Grasp the difference between the ‘rest’ and ‘spread’ operators
- Develop complex applications that scale in complexity by mastering advanced ES6 design patterns
- Dive deeper into iteration using generators. No fancy terms required!
- Existing JS developers who want to bridge their personal learning gaps and learn ES6 start to finish.
- Java, Python, PHP & WordPress Developers looking to become stronger on the client side.
After each module we will do some exercises and then together we will review how I solved the exercises.
To sum everything you will learn in this course, we will learn:
- We will learn how to manipulate the screen with the DOM, Events, Listeners, creating elements, Inserting elements and more.
- When we hit the advanced sections, we are gonna go deep intro Array, Objects, Prototypes, Functions so you can code like the professional do.
- We will do exercises and at the end we will put everything in practice to build three real life applications.
- And of course we will cover bonus features like Requests, other frameworks like Jquery, we will talk about some third party libraries we can use to make our code better.
- ES6, we will talk about most of the tools and updated ES6 provides.
Right know in the web development industry, there is a growing demand for modern web framework such as REACT, Angular or VUE. So mastering ES6 syntax will put you in a place were you can create amazing web apps and meet today’s standards.
Starting from the foundation of JS Array helpers such as “foreach”, “map”, “reduce”, “for..in”, then we will learn the new ways to interact with our code with “Object literals”, “template strings”, “default arguments” ,”classes” and we will end learning the hard stuff of ES6 like “Generators” and “modules”.
Which topics will we cover ?
- Constants and variables
- Template strings
- Array helpers ( foreach, map, filter, reduce, every and some, reduce, for..of)
- Fat arrow functions
- Object literals and default function arguments
- Rest and Spread operator.
- How to use classes
- Make the code simple with Destructuring
- Promises and fetch
- How to use modules
- Map and Set
This course isn’t just about writing code. It’s about becoming a real world developer. And I share my secrets of success in this industry. Between writing code, the code examples, 3 projects, a final exam, and learning about the soft skills you’ll be completely prepared to apply for a front end web development job.
Here is exactly what you’ll learn in this course:
• Everything you need to know to get a job as a front end web developer.
• What you should learn after this course and why you might not want to listen to other developers when they give you “certain advice” (hint: there’s a lot of bad advice in Facebook groups)
• Introduction to ES6 with arrow pointers, const, let and proper classes.
• How to earn a respectable living WHILE you learn to code. People say it takes a year or two of being broke before you can pay your bills: they’re absolutely WRONG.
• Developers often face problems such as imposter syndrome. You’ll learn how to deal with that.
Learn tough topics like: ‘this’, scope, ‘new’ , hoisting, ES6, & More. Take your JS knowledge to the next level.
This Course Covers:
- ES 2015 (ES6), ES 2016, and ES 2017
- The keyword ‘this’ and how it works
- The ‘new’ keyword
- Operators and Operator Precedence
- Var, let, and const
- And much, much more.