Top Online Courses To Learn Go programming Language (Golang) For Beginners
Go is an open source programming language created by Google. As one of the fastest growing languages in terms of popularity, its a great time to pick up the basics of Go. Go is an amazing choice for a language as it was developed by some of the same individuals who created the C programming language, Unix, and UTF-8 — some of the most influential contributions to computer science. Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson created Go to be a modern language that easily uses multiple cores, easily implements concurrency, easily works in distributed environments, and easily allows the programmer to write programs — it has a very lean and user-friendly syntax.
Master the fundamentals and advanced features of the Go Programming Language (Golang).
This course is designed to get you up and running as fast as possible with Go. We’ll quickly cover the basics, then dive into some of the more advanced features of the language.
Go is designed to be easy to pick up, but tough to master. Through multiple projects, quizzes, and assignments, you’ll quickly start to master the language’s quirks and oddities. Go is like any other language — you have to write code to learn it! This course will give you ample opportunities to strike out on your own and start working on your own programs.
In this course you will:
- Understand the basic syntax and control structures of the language
- Apply Go’s concurrency model to build massively parallel systems
- Organize code through the use of packages
- Use the Go runtime to build and compile projects
- Get insight into critical design decisions in the language
- Gain a sense of when to use basic language features
Go is one of the fastest-growing programming languages released in the last ten years.
Learn programming from a University Professor in Computer Science with over 15 years of teaching experience.
Go is an open source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software.
But why did Google create a new language?
In my opinion, Go is the best programming language that you can be learning today. I began programming in 1982 with BASIC, I have worked with many languages, and Go is the best language which I have ever used. Go is also the top-paid programming language in America today.
Come learn about the greatest programming language ever created. You will leave with resources and code samples to start making all of your software and apps really go.
Learn the basics of Go, an open source programming language originally developed by a team at Google and enhanced by many contributors from the open source community. This course is designed for individuals with previous programming experience using such languages as C, Python, or Java, and covers the fundamental elements of Go. Topics include data types, protocols, formats, and writing code that incorporates RFCs and JSON.
Most importantly, you will have a chance to practice writing Go programs and receive feedback from your peers. Upon completing this course, you’ll be able to implement simple Go programs, which will prepare you for subsequent study at a more advanced level.
This course will cover:
- Module 1: Getting Started with Go
- Module 2: Basic Data Types
- Module 3: Composite Data Types
- Module 4: Protocols and Formats
This course is part of the Programming with Google Go Specialization. This specialization introduces the Go programming language from Google and provides learners with an overview of Go’s special features. Upon completing the three-course sequence, learners will have gained the knowledge and skills needed to create concise, efficient, and clean applications using Go.
Unlock the full potential of Google’s Go (golang) to build rich and powerful applications.
Go (golang) is a statically-typed programming language first developed at Google. It has firmly established itself as a favorite for building complex and scalable system applications. It is derived from C with additional features such as garbage collection, type safety, dynamic-typing capabilities, additional built-in types, and a large standard library. With its ecosystem growing in size and its stable architecture, Go offers a strong library for building scalable and high-performance web services and apps.
In this course, you’ll start by understanding the fundamentals of Go, then get a detailed description of the Go data types, program structures, and Maps. You can immediately put into practice some of the more advanced concepts and libraries offered by the language while avoiding some of the common mistakes for new Go developers. After that, you’ll learn how to use Go concurrency idioms to avoid pitfalls and create programs that are exact in expected behavior. The course covers basic type and error handling. It explores applications that interact with users, such as websites, command-line tools, or via the file system. Next, you will get familiar with the tools and libraries that are available in Go to write and exercise tests, benchmarking, and code coverage. This course shows you how to build powerful systems and drops you into real-world situations. After that, you will be able to utilize some of the most important features of GO such as Network Programming and OS integration to build efficient applications.
All the concepts are explained in a crisp and concise manner. At the end of this course. you will be able to create highly efficient programs that you can deploy over cloud. So, let’s get started.
A practical guide that teaches you ReactJs, Golang & RethinkDB. Optimally paced, no-nonsense. You’ll learn quickly.
This course is optimally paced so you’ll learn fast. Your time is valuable and I don’t want to waste it, tryout the free previews and I think you’ll understand what I mean by fast/lean learning.
Golang is a awesome new programming language created and maintained by Google. Golang is an modern language, that’s simple to learn and easy to use. Golang is particularly well suited for highly concurrent applications, such as realtime apps, because of it’s first class language support for coroutines (called goroutines). Apps created in Golang are fast, and run on all major platforms (Mac / Windows / Linux).
RethinkDB is the only database I’m aware of that is focused on realtime features. Using RethinkDB allows you to create highly scalable, realtime apps with ease. RethinkDB offers a rich set of features and it’s a joy to work with.
What You’ll Build
During this course, you’ll be building a Slack Clone.
A general familiarity with Programming and the Web. You’ll start from scratch and move quickly, learning just what you need to know and nothing else.
Learn Web Programming from a University Professor in Computer Science with over 15 years of teaching experience.
Go is the most powerful, performant, and scalable programming language today for creating web applications, web API’s, microservices, and other distributed services.
In this course, you will gain a solid foundation in web development. You will learn all of the following and more:
- networking architecture
- the client / server architecture
- the request / response pattern
- the RFC standards defined by the IETF
- the format of requests from clients and responses from servers
- the role that templates play in server-side programming
- how to work with templates from Go’s standard library
- modifying data structures to work well with templates
- the relationship between TCP and HTTP
- how to build a TCP server which responds to HTTP requests
- how to create a TCP server which acts as an in-memory database
- how to create a restful TCP server that handles various routes and methods
- the difference between a web server, a servemux, a multiplexer, and a mux
- how to use a third-party server such as julien schmidt’s router
- the importance of HTTP methods and status codes
The net/http package
- streamlining your web development with the net/http package
- the nuances of the net/http package
- the handler interface
- creating your own servemux
- using the default servemux
- http.Handle & http.Handler
- http.Handlefunc, func(ResponseWriter, *Request), & http.HandlerFunc
- http.ServeContent, http.ServeFile, & http.FileServer
State & Sessions
- how to create state: UUID’s, cookies, values in URL’s, security
- how to create sessions: login, permissions, logout
- how to expire a session
- how to purchase a domain
- how to deploy an application to Google Cloud
Amazon Web Services
- how to use Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- how to create a virtual linux machine on AWS EC2 (Elastic Cloud Compute)
- how to use secure shell (SSH) to manage a virtual machine
- how to use secure copy (SCP) to transfer files to a virtual machine
- what load balancers are and how to use them on AWS
- how to use MySQL on AWS
- how to connect a MySQL workbench to AWS
- understanding CRUD
- how to use MongoDB & Go
MVC (Model View Controller) Design Pattern
- understanding the MVC design pattern
- using the MVC design pattern
- virtual machines vs containers
- understanding the benefits of using Docker
- Docker images, Docker containers, and Docker registries
- implementing Docker and Go
- deploying Docker and Go
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google Cloud no-sql datastore
- Google Cloud memcache
- Google Cloud PAAS App Engine
Web Dev Toolkit
- json.Marhsal & json.Unmarshal
- json.Encode & json.Decode
- Hash message authentication code (HMAC)
- Base64 encoding
- Web storage
- TLS & HTTPS
- JSON with Go using Tags
- a photo blog
- a twitter clone
By the end of this course, you will have mastered the fundamentals of web development.
In this complete Google Go (Golang) Programming course for beginners students will learn.
Google go is taking the development world by storm, because of it’s system level access and it’s design which gives programmers the ability to create multi-core programs. This is the first development language really developed for the type of mutli-core cpu computers that have been in the market for the last ten years. Created by three genius developers are google — to solve deficiencies google was experiencing with conventional computer languages.
This course is especially structured to solve a number of problems that introductions to programming languages suffer form.
You Will Learn:
An Introduction to Golang:
- What is Google Go (Golang). Why does it exist?
- What makes Google Go (Golang) an amazing language to learn.
- Whom this course is for, and how to get the most out of it.
- Learn the basics of programming and what really happens — unlocking the mystery behind the scenes in an accessible way that even existing programmers should watch. The four part lecture series on programming will turn you from a “zero” to a “hero” when it comes to actually understanding how programming works, what high level languages bring to the table and what you can accomplish using Google Go (Golang)
- Learn how Google Go (Golang) uses variables, it’s fundamental datatypes, and how to compile and write Google Go (Golang) expressions.
Intermediate Beginners Golang:
- How to write Loops in Google Go (Golang), from begging format all the way to advanced loops that include ranges or simple statements. (And yes, simple statements are an advanced topic).
- How to write control structures, including basic if statements, advanced if statements and switches. Our switch example especially will show a real world example of how to use the fall through keyword which can be a tricky concept for beginners and experienced programmers alike. Switch in Golang is not the same as in other languages!
- How to write basic functions, and use them in real world examples. Learn how Google Go (Golang) passes data into and out of functions. Here, the lectures from Fundamental Golang really pay of in explaining the tricky concept of “by value” vs. “by reference” that often boggle experienced programmers.
- Understand Scope. Learn all the rules of what variables are accessible where, and how Scope works in Google Go (Golang).
Advanced Beginners Golang:
- Arrays and Slices in a four part lecture series! You’ll learn basic arrays and use them in a simple example. Then we’ll show why Slices are “awesome” above arrays, and how to effectively use slices. Once you know and use slices, you’ll almost never use arrays in Google Go (Golang) ever again. But… because slices are based on arrays — it’s super important to understand how they work!
- How to use simple statements, and how they are often used in writing robust code for error handling.
- How to write for range loops in Google go (Golang) to write very fast and efficient code that deals with slices.
- How to write and use Variadic functions, which sound complicated — but with our amazing Ninja foundation, we make short work of the concept and fully implement a Variadic function in under seven minutes.
- And finally, we complete our tour of Google Go (Golang) with next steps to move from being a Ninja Beginner to becoming a full Ninja master in Google Go.
Learn to master Google’s Golang step-by-step, and make Real World Projects in Go.
You’ve just stumbled upon the most complete, in-depth beginner to advanced Go programming course online. These comprehensive tutorials cover everything you’ll ever need.
This course assumes no previous coding experience and takes you from absolute beginner core concepts, like showing you the free tools you need to download and install, to writing your very first GO program. We’ll then explore the advanced GO language features set to create awesome programs from the ground up, finishing with your industry recognized certification of completion.
Why learn Go Programming compared to other programming languages?
- “Go will be the server language of the future.”
- It’s Powerful.
- Build with Concurrency in Mind.
- Works on Multi cores CPU very efficiently.
Master programming with Golang by learning how to write idiomatic, effective code.
Go has moved from the state of tentative to mass adoption. Its C-like speed, simplicity, and power for a growing number of systems level programming domains make it an attractive option for programmers working with older cumbersome, statically typed languages. Golang has entered the space as an entirely viable language for accomplishing a huge array of low level programming and service infrastructure tasks.
This video course not only gives you a deep insight into the fundamental mechanics behind the language, but also covers extensive practical topics on Go for modern software architectures. It shows you how to write Go in an intelligent, idiomatic way. After a brief re-acquaintance with the key building blocks of Go, we will also explore how we can build upon the unique capabilities of the language to write effective, powerful code you can employ to develop software. We look at packages, object-oriented programming, concurrency and reflection among other things. Moreover, you will learn about Go’s awesome built-in testing support feature. Along the way, build your skills in File handling techniques, Go packages for databases, data serialization approaches, message communications between Go services, and Go web applications. Get your hands on with a plenty of illustrative code samples, exercises and real-world scenarios that will help you build your own application.
By the end of this course, you will be taught how to put this enhanced knowledge to build a real-world Spaceship application all by yourself with amazing features.
Learn fundamentals of programming in the Go language
This course teaches the fundamentals of programming in the Go language. Go is a language suitable for a wide variety of tasks, from systems programming to writing web servers.
In this course, we’ll learn the syntax of Go, but more importantly, how to “think in Go.” While many tasks can be performed in the same ways as they are done in other programming languages, there is usually a more streamlined solution offered by Go, and that’s what we’re here to learn.
Learn Go using cutting-edge tech and bridge the gap between basic understanding of Go and use of its advanced features.
Welcome to this course: Advanced Google’s Go (golang) Programming Course. Go is the language of the Internet age, and the latest version of Go comes with major architectural changes. It is derived from C with additional features such as garbage collection, type safety, dynamic-typing capabilities, additional built-in types, and a large standard library. It is an open source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software. Today, Go is gaining more and more popularity, and becoming an attractive skill as well.
In this advanced golang course, you’ll learn:
- Understand when and where to use concurrency to keep data consistent and applications non-blocking, responsive, and reliable
- Develop an awareness of application structures, interface design, and tooling
- Create strategies for third-party packages, dependencies, and vendoring
- Get to know tricks on treating data such as collections
- Handle errors and cleanly pass them along to calling functions
- Wrap dependencies in interfaces for ease of portability and testing
- Explore reactive programming design patterns in Go
This course is an invaluable resource to help you understand Go’s powerful features to build simple, reliable, secure, and efficient applications.
This Go tutorial has been designed keeping in mind the beginners as well as advanced developers. The course will break down even the most difficult concepts to make the learning experience fun and easy. For advanced users, not only will you be able to brush up on your programming language but will also find some tips that might come very handy.
In this course, you will learn:
- What is Go programming language and why should you use it
- Setting up a Go development environment
- Introduction to Go syntax and application development
- Go Language Fundamentals such as basic Go types, functions and pointers
- Go Concurrency such as the Go memory model, Goroutines and Go Pipelines
- How to use Go with Cloud Services including Google Cloud, Amazon Cloud and Docker
- How Go works with language bindings such as C, Python and Java
- What problems can arise when creating applications and how to deal with them
This course aims to provide a detailed introduction to Go for beginners. Furthermore, it also articulates how Go is different from traditional programming languages that programmers are accustomed to in order to acquaint programmers getting ready to delve into Go with the language too. This course also provide free preview lessons.
Go has support for concurrency out of the box that makes implementation easy. In fact, concurrency in Go is easier to implement and faster than in any other major language.
In this course:
- you will start off with a general introduction to concurrency and build up to more advanced concepts and implementation in Go.
- You will also have a chance to go through some common patterns that will make your life easier and your code more efficient.
- By the time you are done, you will be able to make use of Go to write efficient, practical applications that use concurrency.
Disclosure: We are affiliated with some of the resources mentioned in this article. We may get a small commission if you buy a course through links on this page. Thank you.