10+ Best Unreal Engine 4 Tutorials For Beginners [2023 NOV]
Learn unreal engine 4 for game development with the best unreal engine tutorials for beginners in 2023.
The Unreal Engine has won the “Best Game Engine” award several times from various organizations, including the Develop Industry Excellence Awards and Game Developer Magazine.
The Unreal Engine has been used to develop many blockbuster games and game series including Borderlands, Gears of War, BioShock, Mass Effect, and hundreds more.
For years, the Unreal Engine was only affordable for large companies, but starting in 2015, Unreal Engine 4 is now completely free to use, as long as you agree to pay Epic Games 5% of your game sales.
Following are some of the courses from the list of top Unreal Engine tutorials curated by experts of time you should take to deep dive into X development.
Learn C++ from scratch. How to make your first video game in Unreal engine. Gain confidence in programming.
Course rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 ( 37,527 Rating total)
The course now has high-quality handwritten subtitles throughout, available as closed captions so you can turn them on or off at your convenience.
Learn how to create and mod video games using Unreal Engine 4, the free-to-use game development platform used by AAA studios and indie developers worldwide.
You will learn C++, the powerful industry-standard language from scratch. By the end of the course, you’ll be very confident in the basics of coding and game development, and hungry to learn more.
Anyone who wants to learn to create games: Unreal Engine is a fantastic platform that enables you to make AAA-quality games. Furthermore, these games can be created for Windows, consoles, macOS, iOS, Android, and Web from a single source.
If you’re a complete beginner, we’ll teach you all the coding and game design principles you’ll need. If you’re an artist, we’ll teach you to bring your assets to life. If you’re a coder, we’ll teach you game design principles.
Unreal isn’t just for gaming anymore. Industries such as automotive design, architecture, healthcare, and education are embracing real-time development tools for creating engaging and interactive visuals. Unreal Engine can power it all.
The course includes:
- Engine Overview
- Starting a New project
- Look Development
- Packaging a Build
In this course, you will learn the essential skills you need to build immersive user experiences of all kinds with Unreal Engine 4, including lighting, effects, and visual scripting.
The course covers creating your first project, building a base landscape, blocking out levels, and importing assets for use in the design.
Learn about working with materials, post-processing effects, and particle systems in Unreal. Plus, find out how to optimize the performance of your projects and package projects for distribution.
In this course, you will get a crash course in Unreal, following which you will learn to code different bits and pieces in Unreal such as Shooter, Platform Switcher, First Person Shooter, Turret, Runner Switcher, and so much more!
Course rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 ( 442 Rating total)
you will learn in this course:
- Learn to code in C++ in Unreal
- Learn to make simple games
- Learn to design games
- Build games from scratch
Become a master game designer with this amazing course
Learn about Unreal Engine, made by Epic Games — world leaders in VR/AR and the makers of international hit Fortnite.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- build an interactive environment.
- import 3-D objects and from external programs.
- set up location-based lighting for architectural visualization.
- use the material editor to set up customizable materials.
- apply post-process volumes.
You will be introduced to Unreal Engine 4, a popular platform for game development and creation of cutting-edge 3D environments in real-time, video games, VR/AR, training, architectural visualization, and many other growing fields.
Through a step-by-step process with videos as quick-start guides, you will become familiar with the core interface and learn how to import objects and set them up in the unreal engine.
Next, you’ll dive into the key skill areas of lighting, materials, and physics simulations. The course will conclude with a discussion of post-processing.
You’ll apply these skills for everything from color grading (next-gen filmmaking), vfx (visual effects), or interface design (creating lines around 3D objects).
Use Epic’s Unreal Engine for online game development in C++. Covers LAN, VPN, Steam, and more.
Course rating: 4.7 out of 5.0 ( 1,097 Rating total)
Learn to create Epic multiplayer experiences using the world-class Unreal Engine. This course hits the ground running and instantly gets you playing your own multiplayer games with other students.
As the engine underpinning many AAA games, Unreal is full of tools for creating multiplayer games extremely quickly. However, knowing where to start with Unreal Engine can be intimidating.
With a massive feature set and little documentation, you get a stuck understanding of where to begin. This course makes understanding Unreal super easy. Not only do we show you how to use the engine, but we teach you the fundamental concepts. These skills allow you to pick up new features for yourself.
This course is aimed at beginner to intermediate Unreal users with some knowledge of C++. Not too confident? Don’t worry, the course will take you through everything step by step and give you plenty of practice to build up that confidence with coding.
This course will not teach you to make a massively multiplayer game. But it will teach you the fundamentals you need to understand how an MMO could be built.
Epic Games-Approved: learn the Unreal Editor, master the gameplay framework, and use Blueprint to program without coding.
Course rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 ( 7,934 Rating total)
Approved by Epic Games and taught by Unreal Engine Evangelist Chris Murphy, this course is for any developer wishing to work in Unreal Engine for creating interactive experiences and/or enterprise fields of real-time training simulation, visualization, and media/entertainment. Create realistic games with the complete game development tool — Unreal Engine 4. Start with the fundamentals so that you build a solid base understanding.
Know the basics of how to operate a computer? Maybe a little bit of game design or coding experience? Visual arts designer? You are ready! Learn step by step by creating 3 unique projects. Chris teaches through demonstrations so you will be applying real skills in each lecture.
Get a complete introduction to core competency with the editor, learn how the engine works and how it works to help make your project run efficiently, how to use assets to customize your project, design and create interactivity, and have the tools and strategies to debug an error.
By the end of this course, you can design and create working projects that could include games, architectural visualization, training simulations, and media entertainment. Plus, you will be aware of the tools and techniques that you need to focus on your area of interest.
A complete guide that takes you through every step of building a professional and polished SHMUP game using UE4.
Course rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 ( 717 Rating total)
This course teaches students how to build a template for a side-scrolling shooter (shmup) game and then further build on this by adding a level of polish to the finished template. Students will learn to utilize Blueprints with Unreal Engine 4 as well as some important concepts which have started being referred to as “Game Feel” or “Juice”.
If you have an interest in using UE4 to develop games, learn to program using Blueprints, take a look at a classic arcade-style game and learn some important techniques and theories behind making your game stand out from the rest then this course is for you.
This course will allow someone who’s never used UE4 to follow along and learn to navigate the interface as we progress, thus better using your time by avoiding interface-specific lectures and allowing the knowledge to become more quickly ingrained via the practical use of everything you learn.
After covering some of the beginner level content and the interface is familiar the course will progress to cover some more in-depth concepts behind Blueprinting and programming such as the powerful benefits inheritance can provide, randomization and simple procedural generation.
By the end of this course, you’ll have obtained an understanding of the entire development pipeline required to begin prototyping your own ideas. It starts from an empty project and covers aspects including some of the ways you can import and adapt assets such as models and textures, techniques to pull content from other UE4 projects and how to implement audio and particle effects to your game.
Learn how to develop, code, and package a complete video game in Unreal Engine
Course rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 ( 555 Rating total)
In this course, you will :
- How to program in Unreal Engine with C++.
- How to create a complete UE4 game from start to finish.
- Those with no experience in Unreal Engine will master Unreal.
- Combat, adventure game mechanics, platforms, game-saving/loading, and menu design.
- Those already experienced in game development will further expand their skills.
- Those who already develop in another engine such as Unity will master Unreal.
In this series, you will learn Unreal Engine C++ programming from the basics all the way up to packaging a complete video game. You will learn all of the following and more:
- Object, Actor, Pawn, and Character creation, and the differences between these classes
- Coding a complete character class, complete with animations and user input
- Finding a nearly endless selection of free assets and how to download and use them for your game
- Enemy movement and behavior
- Combat with melee weapons
- Picking up and equipping items
- Damage, Hit Points, and Death
- HUD elements including Health and Stamina Bars as well as Icons
- How to create menus, including a Pause menu
- Saving and loading game data even after turning off the computer or exiting the game
- Switching levels in-game
- Floating platforms using interpolation
- Timers for delays in-game logic
- Trigger volumes, pressure switches, and doors
- Bombs, explosives, and hazards
- Logging and drawing spheres for debugging purposes
- Using C++ concepts applied to game development
This is a C++ course and some basic knowledge of C++ (or a similar language) is needed. If you don’t have the basics of C++ down, my first course teaches everything you need to know for this course.
Use Unreal Engine 4 (free) to turn your 3d projects into a real-time / VR project in just a couple of hours, from scratch.
Course rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 ( 708 Rating total)
In this course, you will :
- Take your 3d model from static to real-time/VR walkthrough in just minutes.
- Easily set up your models as VR experiences and walk through them virtually.
- Generate photorealistic & instant renderings/animations of your models using UE4.
- Take a SketchUp project from the basic 3d model to a full VR walkthrough in just moments.
- Create a full VR project (instructor provided) complete with blueprint interactions.
- Create basic blueprints that create interactions in your scene, i.e. pick up items, turn on and off lights, change the design, etc.
- Learn blueprints/scripting from scratch without any prior experience coding.
- Package your projects for distribution so others can experience/explore your project.
This class is designed for those of you who are ready to take the next step with your 3d projects. Whether you are a game creator, an architectural visualization specialist, or just an aspiring artist, this class is right for you.
Master the tools used to build “Fortnite” as we craft our very own character skill system using Unreal Engine 4!
Course rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 ( 95 Rating total)
In this course, you will learn:
- how to download, install, and set up a project in Unreal Engine 4.
- how to use the Side Scroller Project Template in Unreal Engine 4 to create a Metroidvania-style game.
- how to implement a Paragon Character (from Unreal Engine 4’s stock of free assets) as a Playable Character.
- How to add acquirable Movement, White Magic, and Black Magic Skills to a Player Character.
- How to add Health and Mana Systems to a project.
- How to create supporting HUD and Interactive Menus using Unreal Engine 4’s Widget Blueprints.
- How to Script Interactive Gameplay elements utilizing Unreal Engine 4’s Blueprint Scripting tools.
- How to hook up Player Character Animations.
Bring A Character To Life In Unreal Engine 4. Scene Files Included — Build Your 3D Animation From Start To Finish!
Course rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 ( 241 Rating total)
In this course, you will learn :
- how to create a stunning cinematic animation scene in Unreal Engine 4, from beginning to end.
- how to create the scene in the “Preview This Course” video, step-by-step.
- You will receive all scene files including alien characters, male & female characters, spaceship interior & music.
- Learn the benefits of “real-time rendering and animation” — a true game-changer in the industry.
- You will learn how to export a Genesis character from DAZ Studio and import it to Mixamo to prepare for animation.
- Learn how to export the character and animations from Mixamo and then import them to Unreal Engine 4.
- You will learn how to use realistic PBR (Physically based rendering) Materials in your scene to give ultra-realism.
- You will learn how to create smooth camera moves inside Unreal Engine 4, giving your scene a professional cinematic look and feel.
- You will learn how to color grade your scene with HitFilm 3 Express ( a free video editing program) and upload your finished scene to YouTube.
- You will get a tutorial on how to use Unreal Engine 4’s “Decals” which will give your scene a new level of realism.
A practical guide to understanding lighting in Unreal Engine 4.
Course rating: 4.7 out of 5.0 ( 328 Rating total)
The lighting inside of the Unreal Engine is hard. Not only are there literally hundreds of options for controlling lighting, but there are multiple menus for controlling the lighting that you might not even know about. This can leave you feeling overwhelmed. What light to select, how to use it, and when to use it seems impossible to wrap your head around.
What really would be useful is a systematic approach to explaining the different lights and how to use them inside of Unreal. You would understand the different menus and options that affect the lighting. Finally, you would take all that knowledge and use it in real scenes to apply what you just learned in a practical way.
This course is designed to do just that for you. This course will be covering the whys of the lighting system inside of the Unreal engine. This course will give you a practical understanding and knowledge of how to set up your lighting. Then you will be guided through case study scenes that will use the knowledge you just gained to light full production levels. Finally, you will have access to a long list of common issues and fixes that can appear when working with lighting inside of the Unreal engine.
This course will leave you with not just an understanding of how to light your scenes in the Unreal engine but the confidence to understand what will result in the best quality and performance for your project. This course is built to help you stop struggling with understanding lighting and finally master the concepts of creating great lighting inside of the Unreal engine.
Learn to code by building games in Unity® and Unreal Engine. This is a fantastic course to start learning technology.
Course rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 ( 145 Rating total)
This course is project-based so you will not be learning a bunch of useless coding practices. At the end of this course, you will have real-world apps to use in your portfolio. We feel that project-based training content is the best way to get from A to B. Taking this course means that you learn practical, employable skills immediately.
You can use the projects you build in this course to add to your LinkedIn profile. Give your portfolio fuel to take your career to the next level.
Learning how to code is a great way to jump into a new career or enhance your current career. Coding is the new math and learning how to code will propel you forward for any situation. Learn it today and get a head start for tomorrow. People who can master technology will rule the future.
Learn Video Game Development & How To Design a Game From Scratch Using UE4.
Course rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 ( 22,560 Rating total)
Learn game development using the industry-leading 3D game design software the pros use, Unreal Engine 4. This award-winning engine is used to create many of today’s top games.
Develop Games Using Cutting-Edge Game Design Software and Run Them on a State-of-the-Art 3D Game Engine.
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of game development using Unreal Engine 4 through a series of 62 lectures, 15 tutorials, and 9 quizzes, totaling over 10 hours of content. By the end of the course, you will have built an entire demo game from scratch.
The course will start from scratch and programming knowledge is not required, so anyone with basic computer skills can jump in and begin their Unreal Engine 4 training!
The first part of the course will help you get Unreal Engine 4 up and running and will introduce you to the basic concepts of game development using the Engine. Next, you will learn all the skills you need to craft beautiful environments to stage your games in. Then, you will learn how to script logic for your games so you can define game rules and behaviors, keep track of data such as health and inventory, and create playable characters. You will learn about collisions and damage, key concepts for any action game. You will learn how to create user interfaces using the UMG Editor, so you can add things like menus, load screens, and HUDs to your game. And finally, you will learn how audio works within the Engine so you can add music, dialogue, and sound effects to your game.
Upon completion of the course, you will have the skills necessary to translate ideas for games into playable games that use environments you sculpt and logic that you define, and you will understand how to make a game in Unreal Engine 4.
Thank you for reading this. We have curated top tutorials on more subjects, you would like to see them:
10+ Best Unity Tutorials for Game Developers
Learn Unity to start learning game development with the best Unity tutorials for beginners in 2022
10+ Best Python Tutorials for Beginners — Learn Python Online
Learn Python for easier web development with the best Python tutorials for beginners in 2022
Disclosure: We may get a small affiliate commission if you buy a course through links on this page. Thank you.