5 Ways To Balance Automation and Personalize Customer Interactions
When we think of our customers, we think of ways to provide them personal services and how important communication is in retaining their interest. This is why most people shrug at the thought of automating customer interactions, “ a bot could never provide the same kind of service a human can.” Humans do add emotional warmth and value to interactions, but this doesn’t mean that automating your customer interactions will make your communication impersonal.
Automation doesn’t need to entirely replace human beings, it should be looked at more as a helping hand to help human beings work smarter. Using automation in marketing can help you work quicker and more efficiently. Infact if implemented correctly, automation can help you add more personalisation and value to your customers.
- Bringing your customer back: Online shopping has been all the rage for a while now, and it’s only going to keep increasing. Customers are spoiled for choice with options and more often than not their cart is left abandoned. With automation you can keep a track of cart abandonment and Send your customers timely notifications or reminders to go back to the cart, in fact you can even redirect offers or deals to get them to go through with a purchase.
- Sending customers personalised recommendations: Do a research of your target audience and create profiles for the different kinds of customers you have. Based on the purchase history of your customers, you can add them in different lists and accordingly send customers automated messages regarding recommendations and offers on the kind of products they’d like.
- Using chatbots correctly: If you’re a small business, you’re probably afraid of chatbots because you want your customers to know that you’re listening to their comments and suggestions, but setting up a full time customer support system might not be possible yet. Here’s how chatbots can help without losing out on the personal touch. You can setup a chatbot on WhatsApp or your website itself. Using AI you can build a chatbot that’s multilingual and that understands natural language (NLP). Let the chatbot be of assistance for general queries, this allows your customers to solve their common issues in real time and it also takes some load off of you, allowing you to solve the more specific queries personally. You can also have the chatbot automated to issue tickets to a dashboard allowing it to take down customer support queries when they come in, and letting you to answer them when you’re back online.
- Create templates: You can directly integrate information about your customers like their birthdays or anniversaries with your calendar/mail/messaging platforms. This way you can send out personalised messages to your customers on their special days! Create templates for these events and automate sending your customers deals, You can even take it a step further by creating templates for loyalty programs and send automated messages to customers.
- Offer valuable content: Automation can be as personal as you want it to be! Make sure your content sounds personal, and is engaging enough to grab your customers attention even if the process is automated. Do this by offering up a good base of content covering frequently asked questions, How To guides, whiteapers, blogs, all kinds of content pieces basically that can answer your customers questions, and offer them more suggestions by analysing their needs. You can automate your chatbot to pull out relevant pieces of content based on the customer’s need.
Automating email-marketing, setting up chatbots and creating editable templates done with careful curation of content and understanding of your target audience will help you save time and money! It will also help you focus more on the customers that need human assistance. Get in touch with us to know more about building your journey to personalised automated customer interactions.