Altcoin project hacked: 136,000 tokens withdrawn in seconds ⚠️
Events Under the Spotlight
IDO projects Rug Pulled on BSC, estimated loss — $2.6M
- IDO projects, namely “HarmonyPAD, HbarPad, MetaPlay, Electrinity, MicroPee and QuizDrop” were rugged on BSC.
- Total loss — $2.6 Million in 5,744 WBNB.
- Scammers used infamous
Tornado Cashto perform the scam.
Project listed on Solanart rug pulled community
- Solanart is the largest Solana-based NFT marketplace.
- It listed Big Daddy Ape Club (BDAC), and the project shortly rug pulled the community by ‘secretly’ stealing SOL in the background.
- BDAC project deleted their social channels but the website is live at the time of writing.
- According to the intelligence, approximately 9,000 SOL were stolen amounting to $1.2 Million.
- The scammer wallet was funded using Binance exchange.
NFT marketplace ‘LooksRare’ suffered DDoS attack
LooksRare, a new NFT marketplace, suffered a DDoS attack and went offline.
A Hot Wallet Security Breach that led to a loss of — $18M
- Lympo NFT platform is a sports NFT minting platform by Animoca Brands.
- The platform suffered a hot wallet security breach with several tokens.
- The platform lost $18 Million in the native LNT token.
- According to the official statement, ten hackers managed to gain access to Lympo’s operational hot wallet.
- After which, they “stole a total of approximately 165.2 million LMT from it.”
- At the time of writing, ten projects have been compromised.
- Project’s cold wallets, where the majority of the tokens are stored, remain secured.
$LMK tokenprice dropped to 92%.
LCX’s Hot Wallets compromised, loss — $6.5M
- LCX is a centralised cryptocurrency exchange.
- Recently, it reported that their hot wallets were hacked.
- The stolen assets include ETH, USDC, LCX, etc.
- Total loss is $6.5 Million.
Altcoin project hacked: 136,000 tokens withdrawn in seconds
- Due to a vulnerability in the Roco Stake and Farm contracts, the attacker instantly changed the value of the “RocoPerSecond” variable.
- It was done in the Stake and Farm contract with the bot he created.
- Hacker obtained tokens by changing and calculating the reward value.
- He simply transferred the “Total Rewards” balances in the contract.
- It was stated that the tokens of all ROCO investors and stakers are safe.
Potential exploit discovered in DeFi Dollar’s contracts
DeFi Dollar Finance, a multi-chain DeFi protocol, discovered a potential exploit in the $DUSD smart contract and immediately paused the contracts.
Polygon’s Discord bot impersonated
- Polygon (Previously Matic) Discord server bot was hacked to impersonate the official Matic team.
- It was done to make a scam announcement to receive a special giveaway from the Matic team.
- The bot was later fixed.
To the Numerophiles out there 🔢
- Crypto Security is the Biggest Concern for Institutional Investors.
More From the Editor’s Desk
According to reports, on January 1, 2022, unauthorized users attacked Tinyman, a decentralized financial platform built on Algorand.
The event was done in four separate attacks, allowing the hackers to steal about $3 million from pools within the protocol.
Checkout the various factors that were responsible for the attack, and lessons that we can derive from it!
Word on the Block
Proof-of-Work 🆚 Proof-of-Stake..!
Catch out the Key differences between various significant terminologies in the Blockchain.