Write for R-evolution
Unleashing the power of R in data science and analytics
Share your insights, concepts, ideas, and codes to build a more extensive community in R
Become a New Author
This is an overview with all the information you need before sharing your work with R-evolution for the first time:
- Why should you contribute?
- Submission rules
- Longform posts, columns, and online books
- How can you contribute?
1. Why should you contribute?
The main goal is to strengthen the R community. Becoming a contributor to R-evolution Medium publications is a great way to share your knowledge, insights, and experiences with a broader audience for the R programming language. You will be part of the new Revolution in R!
Additionally, by contributing to R-evolution Medium publications, you will be part of a community of like-minded individuals passionate about data analysis and data science using R programming.
The 6 Reasons Why I am Writing for Medium
If you’re a writer, you’ve probably considered writing for Medium. After all, it’s a popular platform with a built-in…
Here are a few things, we do to ensure your articles reach the largest audience possible:
- We send newsletters to feature stories and writers.
- We build and strengthen the R-community
- In the future, we plan a Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit account to build a vast community.
The Medium Partner Program
By metering stories on R-evolution, writers can earn money through the Medium Partner Program based on engagement from Medium members. “Metering” refers to making a story eligible to earn money behind Medium’s metered paywall.
Learn here how you can earn money with programming tutorials:
Answered: A Step-By-Step Guide To Making Money With Programming Tutorials
TLDR; Programming tutorials are a great asset to your programming knowledge. Read here about mine. You can learn a lot…
As part of the Medium Partner Program, writers keep 100% of their earnings. However, R-evolution does not administer the Medium Partner Program and does not pay contributors directly.
Your work will belong to you
In your article, you will find feedback from our editors and community providers. You will be able to dismiss or respond to this feedback at any time.
2. Submission Rules
To become a contributor, you must first submit a writing sample for review. This can be a previously published piece or a new piece written specifically for R-evolution Medium publications. Your submission should be original and not previously published elsewhere. It is recommended to use the tidyverse style guide.
- Please, share your RStudio (see below) or IDE version, R version (e.g. 4.0.1), versions of your used packages in your tutorial (e.g. dplyr 0.9.1).
## Check Rstudio Version
## Chech R version
 "R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22)"
## Check all infos
- When submitting an article to R-evolution, it’s essential to remember that Medium’s Rules and Terms of Service also apply to our publication. Before submitting your article, please read Medium’s guidelines to ensure that your post adheres to its rules and regulations.
- We follow Medium’s Curation Guidelines for every article we publish. If your post doesn’t meet the necessary quality standards or doesn’t follow our guidelines, it will not be accepted for publication on our platform.
- To provide a timely response to all authors, we ask that you limit your submissions to up to two stories at a time. If you have written a more extended series, you can submit it all in one go, but please include a note in your first post to let our team know.
- When you have published an article, you can make minor edits as long as they abide by our rules and guidelines. Also, you can remove your article from our publication at any time.
- We only accept original content that is entirely your work. Plagiarism texts are not allowed. When using an AI, please also note that in the disclaimers.
- Before submitting, use Grammarly or other tools to avoid spelling and grammar errors. Our editorial team may make minor edits to your content, such as correcting basic spelling mistakes and updating minimal formatting. Also, we may remove images that need a clear source.
- R-evolution reserves the right to remove any articles for any reason. If an article is removed, it will still be hosted on Medium.com and will redirect there.
- If our editorial team finds one or more violations of our rules, we reserve the right to remove you and all of your articles from our publication and report them to Medium.
3. Long-form Posts, Columns, and Online Books
R-evolution Medium publications accept a wide range of content, including long-form posts, columns, and even online books. If you’re interested in contributing a longer piece, please let us know in your submission and we’ll be happy to work with you.
4. How Can You Contribute?
If you’re interested in becoming a contributor, please send your writing piece and a brief bio to email@example.com. If your submission is accepted, we’ll get back to you with further instructions on how to proceed.
Q: Do I need to be an expert in data analysis and data science using R programming to contribute?
A: No, you don’t need to be an expert, but you should have a good understanding of the topic you’re writing about and be able to provide valuable insights and perspectives.
Q: Is there a minimum word count for submissions?
A: Yes, the minimum word count for submissions is 500 words.
Q: Can I submit previously published pieces?
A: All submissions must be original and not previously published elsewhere.
Q: Will I be paid for my contribution?
A: Unfortunately, at this time, we do not pay for contributions. However, you will receive exposure and recognition for your work.
Q: Will you edit my piece?
A: Our team will review and edit all submissions before publishing.