Race Capital is Hiring : Investment Associate
Earth / Content / Full Time
Race Capital is seeking an Associate to join our world-class team of operators and investors. This is an investment role and a role perfect for those seeking an intellectual challenge with the ability to hustle in a fast-moving environment. While direct VC experience is not required, a genuine interest and hacker mindset to learn is required to succeed in the role.
As part of our Associate program, you will be an integral part of the Race Capital investment team. You will actively help source companies, analyze deals, perform due diligence, participate in our daily deal meetings, and meet with new /existing portfolio companies. You will play a key role in the investment decision making and sourcing process. As part of our training program, you will also receive regular 1:1 coaching and mentorship from the Race Partners.
About Race Capital: Race Capital is an early-stage venture capital firm focused on investing in exceptional founders who are building market-transforming companies in the data, enterprise, infrastructure, and fintech sectors. We have a fast-growing portfolio of companies including FTX, Databricks and many other world-changing companies.
We believe that timing is everything and it’s all about the people. We are seeking someone who wants to help change how the world works as our Associate and discovering the world’s best software infrastructure founders and companies.
Race Capital is embarking on an ambitious and leadership role to reshape the early stage venture industry. We want to reinvent how venture should work with founders, in Web 2 and Web3. We are redefining the journey of building the next generation of high impact startups with our founders and we want the world to understand our ambition!
- Play a key role in the research, analysis and evaluation of established and emerging investment sectors within Web2/Web3 infrastructure
- Proactive origination and screening of any investment opportunities including inbound and outreach
- As part of a deal team, support the investigation, research, validation, structuring, and execution of transactions
- Lead aspects of investment due diligence, including the utilization of the product, customer calls, sizing the total addressable market, financial analysis
- Support the growth and assist with the monitoring of existing portfolio companies
- Develop investment recommendations and memos based on data from due diligence findings
- Proactively build personal and professional networks with founders and executives in our target industries
- Bachelor’s degree in math, engineering and computer science with up to four years of relevant work experience
- Excellent analytical, technical and quantitative skills with a passion and ability to identify and try new products, understand the competitive landscape and develop key market insights
- Demonstrated empathy and the ability to relate to our founders
- Self-motivated, results and growth oriented
- Proven builders mindset with an approach to problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- This role requires time zone flexibility and the ability to travel as required
While we do have a preference for the individuals to be in SF/Bay Area, we are open to talent across North America and Europe.
If you’re interested in this position we’d love to hear from you > Apply for this job now!