5 Things I’m Grateful for This Friday
and every day.
Pause. Breathe. Take Stock. It’s easy to say, hard to do but boy is it worth it. It’s worth it to remember what is awesome in life, to be grateful, to write it down.
Back in the summer I came up with the idea of doing 100 days of gratitude- and while I flopped I never really forgot about the idea. Today I came across an article: 30 Days of Gratitude by Galit Birk, PhD. This seems easier than a 100. This is simple. This I can do. This I am 5 days late for.
But it’s still a challenge I love taking part in, so let’s catch up for the first five:
- My dogs: sometimes they drive me up the wall, especially the younger one’s incessant barking. Yet I love them and I’m grateful for the companionship, love and bright moments they give me.
- Cuddles with my husband: I was that girl… the one who wondered when it was her turn to meet Prince Charming. I’d secretly envy engagement posts and lament about time. However, being with him now reminds me of how strong I used to be as a single. It reminds me to enjoy whatever season of life we are in.
- Writing: my outlet to get everything into the world. I’m grateful for this platform, for everyone who reads my work, and for the fact that I am able to do something I love.
- My Jack Skellington mug: Okay, simple, I know. But he’s adorable. It’s a huge coffee mug with just his face that I use for days when I work. It makes me smile every time I use it.
- Reconnecting: the past few months I’ve been reconnecting to the things that bring me peace: being creative in my journal, writing, reading and meditating. All the happy things.
I plan to write one thing each day as the month goes on. I will do it in short form format. Today is a little longer, and that’s okay. There was more ground to cover.
What are you grateful for today?