Update Sept 11: Crucible support is in a pretty good place with a few caveats:
- Update: Armory currently does not provide Crucible data. Use the SimC addon for all sims right now. The Discord Bot can only use the Armory so results from the bot will be low since it will not simulate the Crucible traits. It’s unknown if Armory lookups will fully support Crucible talents.
- Update: This now works with the newest version of the SimC addon (1.8.2). Relic Compare does not pre-populate Crucible information from either SimC or Armory right now. You’ll have to manually enter all the data, even for already upgraded relics.
- Update: SimC has implemented the changes from Sept 11 - Data changes are still happening. Some traits were changed in the last day or two and will not be correct in SimC until after the patch arrives
- Update: Icons should be correct - There are some missing icons in Relic Compare which can make Raidbots reports look weird/wrong
- There are some invalid relic compare setups that Raidbots does not provide warnings for (a relic cannot have the same trait twice; relics cannot provide more than 3 ranks of 1 trait). These combos will not happen in-game so as long as you are simming actual relics you should be fine.
Your best bet for getting useful results right now is to use the SimC addon and only sim Crucible setups you are seeing in-game.
I’ll keep this top section up-to-date with the current status.
Relic Compare now has initial support for the Netherlight Crucible which should help to determine if a relic is an upgrade for your character.
The Netherlight Crucible enhances relics in your artifact weapon. The relic “talents” from the Crucible will slowly open up as your artifact level increases. Rows 2 and 3 in the Crucible will be randomly generated for each individual relic that you have.
Simulating New Traits for Current Relics
If you want to simulate a Crucible choice for an existing relic, you will need to manually add your relic as if it were new. Limitations in the data available make it difficult to pre-populate the form with correct information. I’ll be tracking this over time as a solution may become available once more is known.
There’s still several unknowns and gaps about precisely how the Crucible will work so this initial release is fairly bare bones. Expect some changes in the future and I’d also expect some amount of bumpiness around Crucible support from the Armory and addons for the next couple weeks.
This initial release is focused on letting you simulate relics that you have. While you can play around with possible setups, be aware that Raidbots is not performing checks on the validity of your choices. For example, the in-game Crucible Row 3 should only populate relic traits based on what you can upgrade so it is likely that you would not be able to have 3 Rip relics (for feral) and then be able to roll Rip as a secondary trait.
There will likely be changes, possibly significant ones, in the days/weeks ahead. So expect a bumpy ride!