It’s one of the most complex project I ever done. It took 10 Tb of disk space and 30 powerful servers to complete initial sync. But it’s worth it!
Only available in PRO. No price change or limits!
In Free plan basic search and other features also improved, details below.
Enhanced Search (Free / PRO)
Raindrop always had very naive search engine (our main database just searched exact part of the word). Now we use dedicated database for this purpose called ElasticSearch.
It brings few enhancements:
- ♊️ Stemming ― for example words like «love», «loving», «lovely», etc are perceived as same word
- 🎹 Small spelling mistakes auto-corrected (fuzzy search)
- 💬 Support for plural and partial word search
- 🔗 Search by part of URL
- Way better support for 🇷🇺 Russian, 🇨🇳 Mandarin, 🇪🇸 Spanish, 🇵🇹 Portuguese, 🇮🇹 Italian, 🇫🇷 French, 🇩🇪 German, 🇯🇵 Japanese, 🇵🇱 Polish, 🇰🇷 Korean, 🇫🇮 Finnish, 🇹🇷 Turkish, 🇳🇱 Dutch, 🇸🇪 Swedish and 🇩🇰 Danish languages
By default, searches are shown in order of relevance. And now you don’t have to constantly open «All bookmarks» to search everywhere, results from other collections are showen below!
All of this improvements are available in Free plan too.
«Search as you type» will be added soon.
Full-Text Search (PRO only)
Entire content of every web-page and PDF is now fully searchable. Found part will be highlighted along with other details:
Expect significantly more relevant search results!
Btw Raindrop.io is only one bookmark manager that capable of indexing JS-heavy (SPA) web-pages. Usually only meaningful content of page will be indexed. Ads, navigation, comments, etc are stripped if possible.
Your bookmarks are indexed automatically, no need to do anything. This happen with slight delay, usually few minutes per bookmark. Some sites could not be indexed due to reasons described in limitations.
Permanent Library (PRO only)
Each bookmarked web-page and file now have a permanent copy. If original item changes or is taken offline, you will always be able to open the version that you have saved in Raindrop.io.
No limit on count or space! Permanent library is private and only accessible by you (or invited collaborators).
Each web-page is opened in real Chrome browser and saved as static, fully portable copy. Of course with included CSS, fonts and images. But without noisy ads, tracking and external scripts or dependencies.
Just right click on bookmark and select «Open permanent copy»
Not every bookmark can be saved, please check known limitations.
20% of bookmarks could be marked as “failed” by mistake. Those scheduled to retry in next few weeks.
After upgrade to PRO or import, please wait some time before all of the bookmarks will be copied. This happen not immediately!
When PRO subscription is expired, permanent copies become unaccessible and could be removed in future.
Support for PDF, Office and Video files (Free / PRO)
Besides images now you can upload PDFs, office documents and video files. As mentioned earlier, content of PDF files will be searchable. All of them will have beautiful thumbnail and preview.
We also increased free space: 10 Gb per month for PRO users.
- Duplicates finder now can find links with different protocol, WWW, trailing slashes and similar query parameters
- Broken links finder now can be configured or disabled entirely. More details
- Find bookmarks without tags! «No tags» in filters bar (near search field)
- Custom icons and collaboration in mobile apps
- Way faster bookmark save in browser extension (Chrome, Firefox) thanks to local parser
- Support for Animated GIF thumbnails
- Screenshots now generated faster and more reliably
- Better autocomplete for tags in browser extension
That’s all for the moment! I hope you like all new features. As always don’t hesitate to send feedback or found bugs to email@example.com