Email is probably the most traditional way of reaching out to your customers and remains one of the most effective marketing techniques. You can use emails in multiple ways and it’s an essential tool to manage your business. Here’s how you can use email APIs:
- For your transactional day-to-day activity and sending information to a known intended recipient.
- Running a campaign for Email marketing automation .
- Using APIs, you can integrate email functionality to existing or 3rd party applications.
Email marketing allows you to send personalized messages to target customers and is a quick and easy technique for customer engagement and retention. Emails APIs allow you to achieve tasks such as:
- Sending mass mailers
- Managing subscriber alerts
- Sending new product / services updates
- Sending emails based on customer segmentation and behaviour to generate maximum conversion
- Managing KPIs for planning your digital campaign
- Adding users to lists
Rakuten RapidAPI has created this list of email APIs so you can understand how these APIs can be utilized in your applications to make your work easier. Ready to start building awesome apps? Get started today using the Rakuten RapidAPI Marketplace.
Top 10 email APIs:
Here are the top 10 email APIs we’ll cover in the article.
5. Temp Mail
Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) is cloud-based email, for sending services designed to help digital marketers and application developers send marketing information, notification, and transactional emails. It is a reliable, cost-effective service for businesses of all sizes that use email to keep in contact with their customers. Read more details about the service provider below:
- Rakuten RapidAPI documentation: Amazon SES documentation on Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: Amazon SES documentation on their website
- Pricing details: Amazon SES pricing
- Comes with Amazon brand value of high deliverability.
- Reliable documentation.
- Flexible i.e. To pay charges as you go.
If you send from an application hosted in Amazon EC2, the first 62,000 emails you send every month are free. However, there may be some charges which are complicated to calculate, if you are sending a lot of bulk emails. Read amazon EC2 pricing and a link to calculate your pricing structure below.
- Send transactional messages
- Send notification
- Send marketing emails
- Receive incoming emails
- Monitor your sender’s’ reputation & Activity
MailChimp is one of the leading providers of automation emails for managing your marketing campaigns. With their latest released API 3.0 documentation, you can sync email activity and campaign stats with your database. It also integrates with the help of plugins to most of the leading applications and makes it a preferable choice for business owners. Read more details about the service provider below
- Rakuten RapidAPI documentation: MailChimp documentation on Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: MailChimp documentation on their website
- Pricing details: MailChimp Pricing structure
- Enable batch operations with APIs.
- MailChimp integrates with most of the existing service providers and has got an inbuilt plugin. Access the link here.
- Manage campaign reports for your MailChimp account and see a consolidated view.
- Explore the MailChimp API with your own data in an interactive Playground link using Mailchimp API key. Read the documentation in detail to find an API key to get started.
- MailChimp has strict policies for abuse complaints.
- As recommended by MailChimp, If you create dozens of new campaigns a day, they recommend using Mandrill’s powerful delivery service which has a different set of APIs
- Higher rate of conversion with Ecommerce APIs as compared to your existing Ecommerce service provider.
- To manage lists
- View and control Automation workflows.
- Manage subscriber notification and activities.
Mailgun is a quick and easy service, to help you get organized with sending, tracking, receiving, forwarding, storing messages and email validations. Each new Mailgun account is automatically provisioned with a sandbox domain and makes it easy, if you want to run a trial account first. Their tagline says that it is ‘Transactional email API service for developers’ so let’s get started to see more about its features and functionality. Read more details about the service provider below:
- Rakuten RapidAPI documentation: Mailgun documentation on Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: Mailgun documentation on their website
- Pricing details: Mailgun Pricing structure
- Both for free and paid accounts, you get 10,000 free messages per month and is a good start for a small business or start-up firm.
- They strongly adhere to and comply with ESP guidelines and help to manage your reputation to ensure emails are not being bounced back.
- They have a mix of cloud and dedicated servers and they recommend using dedicated IP in order to isolate the sender‘s reputation. If you are sharing your IP, you are sharing your reputation with others too.
- Mailgun does not have features to help you with list management.
- Check your stats anytime like emails being accepted, delivered, failed using your stats API.
- Mailgun lets you do tagging for each of your messages. This helps to add a custom value and then read statistics on the tag level to help in better reporting.
- Manage your bounces using suppression APIs, as Mailgun keeps three lists for bounces, unsubscribes and complaints.
SendGrid has been in the market for many years and has many subscription plans. It is designed for start-ups, enterprises, agencies, and E-commerce applications. Check out the documentation to learn about the different SDKs supported by SendGrid, so you could get started quickly. Read more details about the service provider below:
- Rakuten RapidAPI documentation: SendGrid documentation on Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: SendGrid documentation on their website
- Pricing details: SendGrid Pricing structure
- They are a trusted service provider for companies like Airbnb, Uber, and Spotify and is one of the most widely used email functionalities for customised application integration.
- They have a detailed API documentation with error codes and multiple SDKs supported.
- There are several rate limitations and restrictions that you should be aware of while using the v3 Mail Send endpoint like the size of the mail, number of recipients etc.
- The total length of custom arguments must be less than 10,000 bytes.
- Lets you manage marketing campaigns API to create, manage, send and schedule campaigns.
- They have a category API to help to organize your email analytics by enabling you to “tag” emails by type or broad topic.
- Allows you to retrieve a list of all email addresses that are currently on your block list.
- Allows you to retrieve your current event webhook settings.
Tempmail is a unique service provider which allows you to use temp mail addresses which expire after 1 hour. You can sign up to websites, social media (Facebook, Twitter) and read the incoming emails. You don’t have to keep receiving unwanted emails in your inbox or share your personal email Id for registration. It is also known by names like: Tempmail, 10minutemail, throwaway email, fake-mail or trash-mail. You can choose from a list of specific email domains from their home page. Read more details about the service provider below:
- Rakuten RapidAPI documentation: Tempmail documentation on Rakuten RapidAP
- Document on Service provider website: Tempmail documentation on their website
- Pricing details: Tempmail Pricing structure
- Keeps your inbox clean of unwanted emails & spams and use the temp email to register the accounts for temporary usage.
- Lets you choose your email address from a selected list of domains.
- This is a free service.
- User can choose from only some specific domains.
- You cannot generate new emails from the API .
- Mainly used for developers for the purpose of testing apps and email functionality.
- To register on dubious sites and get emails sent from the sites .
- Get attachment and domain lists.
Postmark services can be used for managing transactional emails, related to business like password reset, account information changes and ensures they reach on time and are automated. They have some amazing stats to boast, as the mail always delivers on time and has a higher engagement than other service providers who send bulk marketing mails. Read more details about the service provider below:
- Rakuten RapidAPI documentation: Postmark documentation on Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: Postmark documentation on their website
- Pricing details: Postmark Pricing structure
- Higher engagement rate due to better reputation as compared to sending emails from other service providers.
- They recommend using shared ISPs which are policed and give a cost benefit to the buyer.
- They are secured with N+ 2 redundancies, regular security audits and the latest encryption.
- Check out the articles on their website which compare them with the leading service providers likeSendGrid, Mailgun and AmazonSES
- Not useful for marketing automation.
- New account start with 100 emails per month, which is quite less but then it can be used for long as it doesn’t expire..
- Postmark is not HIPAA compliant. So they do not recommend using the platform, if you need to send HIPAA compliant emails.
- Provides details & insights of tracking, if an email is viewed and if a link within an email is clicked .
- Opens Delivery and click web hook, which can be used to do analytics and understand customer behaviour to plan your campaigns.
- Creates template emails up to 300 for each server using APIs.
Mailjet has advanced email capabilities, for creating and designing emails using their drag and drop features. It allows you to collaborate on email with team members, send automated marketing as well as transactional emails to your customer. It has ability to provide analytics and data insights about your email campaign and can be integrated to multiple standard apps as listed here like WordPress, Magento, Shopify etc. Read more details about the service provider below:
- Rakuten RapidAPI documentation: Mailjet documentation on Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: Mailjet documentation on their website
- Pricing details: Mailjet Pricing structure
- They have a free service subscription which allows you to send 6000 emails per month.
- They’ve got advanced template management and A/B testing features to ensure that campaign is managed efficiently.
- They have got advanced statistics features and no cap on sending emails (other than on the free subscription plan).
- They have a sandbox mode which allows you to do rigorous testing, where all the validation of the payload is done, without delivering the message.
- Mainly suited for small businesses.
- They can block the sender as they are very strict with their bounce-rate specific policies.
- Use Mailjet SMS API to send messages.
- Use their Open source framework MJML to easily create and design responsive HTML emails and to import in their design system.
- To add a single contact in several lists at once.
- To turn Group lists into a campaign to send multiple emails to your leads for conversion.
Postage App is an email service provider for sending personalized transactional emails and they provide solution to design, deliver, analyse emails from their web apps. It is a simple app mainly focussed towards personalization using message variables and to get insights into user engagement using their detailed reporting capabilities to monitor email activities of users. Read more details about the service provider below:
- Rakuten RapidAPI documentation: This API is not currently available on Rakuten RapidAPI.
- Document on Service provider website: Postage App documentation on their website
- Pricing details: Postage App Pricing structure
- They follow best practices such as DKIM, SPF, rigid RFC compliance and full participation in ISP Feedback Loops.
- Automatic CSS lining for compliant HTML email.
- Plugins for many popular development platforms exists for integration.
- APIs are limited in scope and do not offer marketing and automation services.
- No option to manage templates using APIs.
- Account can be blocked or suspended if it is used for sending mass mails.
- Get methods and account information using APIs.
- Provides information for specific accounts, projects associated with the account.
Constant contact can help you create a professional looking email and to use their list building tools to send automated mails. They also have mobile optimized templates with drag and drop features to help create customized email designs and templates. With their enhanced email and content block structure it helps to improve engagement rate. Read more details about the service provider below:
- Rakuten RapidAPI documentation: This API is not currently available on Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: Constant Contact documentation on their website
- Pricing details: Constant Contact Pricing structure
- Use their list building tools to manage subscribers.
- Integration with WordPress, Facebook and SalesForce.
- Suited mainly for small business and not for profit organizations.
- Use email campaign tracking methods to track, open, send, summarise and preparing list of those who have unsubscribed to manage bounce-back rate.
- Manage events using Event Spot method to register users & manage using promotion code and collecting fees.
- Manage attachments using my library folder.
- Providing embedded sign up forms
AWeber is a simple email service provider which allows you to send personalized automated emails for marketing. They have easy-to-use tools to help you create emails, signup forms and manage subscribers and a gallery of 6000 stock photos and 700+ templates which can be used to create and design a sleek and professional email in just no time. Read more details about the service provider below:
- Rakuten RapidAPI documentation: This API is not currently available on Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: AWeber documentation on their website
- Pricing details: AWeber Pricing structure
- Provides dedicated phone support.
- Have dedicated servers and IPs which helps to improve delivery rates.
- Click based tagging and advanced segmentation check.
- Integrated with Unbounce, Sumo, LeadPages, Zapier,Apiant, Automate.io and others. Read the link
- Exports reporting of data for all email campaigns.
- They do not have a free subscription for more than 30 days which is a challenege as most of the other service providers do have a free tier pricing.
- Create Subscriber segment lists, based on open and click engagements rate to help drive conversion.
- One click automation and segmentation.
- Building a list and importing contacts.