Rally Digest #38 (August 16, 2021)
Welcome to the Rally Digest, a weekly round-up of everything that’s happening around Rally.
EE aka Phil Visu is a seasoned Esports caster turned content creator who has built a solid community over the years. With his own brand of humor and flare, he is easily distinguished from others in his field and highly respected.
Jen Stark’s work simulates plant growth, evolution, infinity, fractals, and sacred geometries. She has exhibited at Smithsonian American Art Museum and MOCA. Stark currently lives in Los Angeles, CA.
Coby Persin/ $COBY
@CobyPersin started on youtube eight years ago with pranks and social experiments. He was able to amass 1.5 Billion views on YouTube and has a staggering 6 million on the platform. Now TikTok is his home. His content now has kept the same heart as his YouTube with pranks and educational hydro dipping TikToks. His combined social following is 16 Million,
Wes IRL/ $IRL
YouTuber, cosplayer, Twitch streamer, and part-time member of Smosh Games.
Innovative Use Cases:
Check out this week’s digest that highlights the August 5th Rally Creators Monthly Meeting where several members of the Rally Developer Community presented a bunch of awesome products they are building to help Rally Creators thrive through deeper community engagement and commerce possibilities.
Rally in the News:
- “Your take rate is my opportunity.” a16z General Partner Chris Dixon highlights Rally in a Twitter thread as an example of a Web 3 company disrupting the Web 2 ecosystem by sending value back to users and creators.
- Rally CMO/CRO Bremner Morris contributed an article to Entrepreneur about what creators and celebrities should consider when jumping into crypto.
- Rally Director of Creator Partnerships, Entertainment Caroline Pugliese was quoted in a Cointelegraph article about how crypto and blockchain can improve the lives of people in the LGBTQ+ community.
- The creator economy could be making the same mistakes as the gig economy, argues VC and leading creator economy thinker Li Jin. Jin explains that creator labor is becoming increasingly commoditized, and that the industry will have to make major strides in several areas to overcome the issue of platforms exploiting creators. One of these areas is building platforms and mechanisms that encourage mutual support between creators, instead of pitting them against each other.
- Ever wondered what it’s like to be a penguin? New York Times tech columnist Kevin Roose takes you on his journey to Pudgy Penguins and the phenomenon of community NFTs.
- This week, podcast host Adam Levy published season 2 of Mint, a show about the intersection of crypto, creators and community. This season features notable guests in the social token and DeFi spaces, from Seed Club’s Jess Sloss to AAVE’s Stani Kulechov.
- Europe’s neobank race has broadened its reach to the creator economy; XPO, a new digital banking app for influencers, launched this week. According to Sifted, “The app offers a speedy invoice-financing solution that allows users to get paid within 24 hours of completing a job.”