Rally Digest #53 (December 6, 2021)
Welcome to the Rally Digest, a weekly round-up of everything that’s happening around the Rally project.
Anna David is the New York Times bestselling author of two novels and six non-fiction books. She’s been published in the New York Times, Time, LA Times, Vanity Fair, Playboy, Vice, Cosmo, The Huffington Post, Buzzfeed and Salon, among many others, written about in Forbes, Martha Stewart Living, Entrepreneur, Allure and Women’s Health and has appeared repeatedly on Today, The Talk, Good Morning America and numerous other programs. She’s been a featured speaker at three different TedX events and her company, Legacy Launch Pad, writes and publishes books for thought leaders. Legacy Launch Pad recently re-launched David’s first book, Party Girl, which is being developed into a movie by an Oscar-winning producing team.
AΦE is a Kent/Medway (UK) based dance company and associate artist of Institute of Cultural and Creative Industries — University of Kent. Their specialty consists in incorporating technology into the theatre experience to completely reinvent audience participation. Since the company’s creation, they have gathered the support of some of the most prestigious venues around the world such as Sadler’s Wells in London, the Sydney Festival or Chaillot Théâtre National de la Danse in Paris. Their coin is made to bring their community together! Coin holders will have access to our private discord group that will have tiered benefits. https,”AΦE is a Kent (UK) based dance company and associate artist of Institute of Cultural and Creative Industries — University of Kent. Their specialty consists in incorporating technology into the theatre experience to completely reinvent audience participation. Since the company’s creation, they have gathered the support of some of the most prestigious venues around the world such as Sadler’s Wells in London, the Sydney Festival or Chaillot Théâtre National de la Danse in Paris. The coin is made to bring our community together! Coin holders will have access to a private discord group that will have tiered benefits. https://www.aoiesteban.com/
To celebrate the release of the new album “Walk Like Me”, Robert DeLong ($RDL) has created Walk Like Me NFTs that have been gifted to top fans of their community. Using this NFT you’ll be able unlock access to their instrumental song “10 Metres Deep”.
$CHEWS makes their NFT debut with their Season 1 collection of dango cards. Here’s one of them, Girlie Card, unsigned.
$Ethan’s $ETHAN Keynote Attendees — Blockchain Expo Europe in Amsterdam 2021 is a free NFT issued to attendees of his keynotes at #BlockchainExpo. Future utility to unlock #ClubEthan rewards for conferences, VIP networking events, NFT mints, his online courses/resources, and other benefits for the $ETHAN discord community.
Rally in the News:
- Megadeth’s $MEGA was covered by Guitar.com, Loudwire, Blabbermouth, and Ultimate Classic Rock.
- Rally creator Joe Pulizzi ($TILT) discussed his journey to crypto and NFTs with the Scale Your Agency podcast from Bright Ideas.
- There’s more funding coming for social tokens platforms. The Information reported that Pools raised $18 million in seed funding, announced during a launch in Miami at Art Basel. The electronic music producer and DJ Blond:ish is launching $ISH with Pools.
- The Alexis Ohanian-backed Islands has launched, promising to be a “passport to the metaverse” for Web3 communities. It’s starting with token-gated communities and an NFT marketplace, building up to what it’s calling “the community economy.”
- LinkedIn continues to invest in the creator economy, The Information reported. It announced the first creators in its accelerator last week, who will receive $15,000 grants. The business network has also hired nearly 40 people to work on these initiatives, including executives from Instagram and TikTok.
- More investors are opining on creator coins. Mercedes Bent, an investor at the noted venture firm Lightspeed, wrote about the history of artists’ personal currencies, starting with David Bowie’s experiments issuing his own bonds, to sum up the investment thesis behind creator coins.
- Tokenized communities can be analyzed through on-chain data. Andrew Hong at Mirror published just such an analysis of FWB, media community Bankless, and others recently. Among his insights: each community’s Gini coefficient, a measure of wealth inequality; membership growth trends, and more.
- Hipster music-player PoolsideFM raised about $2 million from NFT sales after graduating from the Seed Club social token incubator. The project is now going full-Web3, rebranding itself PoolsuiteFM.