Rally Digest #55 (December 20, 2021)
Welcome to the Rally Digest, a weekly round-up of everything that’s happening around the Rally project.
This artwork by $BOT serves as both a collectible and a mint pass for the Niftorian PFP access tokens on Ethereum. This NFT entitles the owner to mint up to 3 Niftorian PFPs during the pre-mint period. A comparable ERC-721 token will be sent to the Rally buyer if they provide an Ethereum wallet address within 14 days of purchase.
On the previous ¡MAYDAY! tours, these signed Wrekonize hotel key cards were given out to collectors at random through merch offerings. The first time buyer of each card will also be mailed the physical card to collect alongside the NFT version.
Limited Edition SuperFANZ NFT 365 Season Pass is a first of it’s kind NFT that’s a mosaic of the 365 NFTs $ADHD minted each day from 11.11.21 to 11.22.22. As a holder of this NFT you will get exclusive access to the day to day minting of NFTs including a monthly private discord channel, as well as exclusive $ADHD coin Airdrops in 2022, NFT whitelists, merch & more.
A planned outage for the Rally.io website and API downtime window for site maintenance is tentatively set for January 24, 2022. Our sidechain infrastructure and API provider, Forte, will be undergoing an upgrade, which will require us to disable our services during this upgrade process. Downtime is expected to be less than 12 hours. We will continue to provide regular updates as we approach this date. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Social Token and NFT Gift Guide:
After reading that an estimated 90 billion US dollars worth of gifts are returned each holiday season the Rally team decided enough (keychains from places you’ve never been) is enough. To help guide lost gift-givers and gift-askers around the globe, we’ve put together our 2021 Holiday Gift Guide for Social Tokens & NFTs, featuring various Rally Creators and the exclusive benefits linked to their Rally Campaigns and NFTs. Check out the guide here and follow the campaign each day on Rally’s Twitter and Instagram.
Rally in the News:
- Rob Collier’s appointment as General Counsel was spotlighted in TubeFilter, Bloomberg Law, The Block, The Information, Crypto Reporter, Law.com, The Merkle, and more.
- Michael Jordan is now on Solana. The basketball legend is building a “platform built on Solana” that will “connect athletes and entertainers with fans”, Decrypt reported. The platform’s name is HEIR and it will consist of a token and NFTs. Sounds a lot like social tokens, if you ask us!
- Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian is backing a $200 million fund with Polygon to invest in new Web3 initiatives, CoinDesk reported. Ohanian is already committing to a $100 million fund with Solana Labs to promote social media on Web3.
- Speaking of Reddit, the social media platform has filed for an IPO, according to The Information. The firm was valued at $10 billion in its last private round of financing, and it has filed confidentially to go public.
- One of the pioneering financial-media firms on Twitter, StockTwits, has raised $30 million in funding from Alameda Research, suggesting a new focus on cryptocurrencies, CoinDesk reported.
- Nike acquired NFT studio RTFKT to “accelerate Nike’s digital transformation,” per the sportswear giant’s chief executive John Donahoe. RTFKT creates NFTs and physical goods with a streetwear bent.
- Adidas is making a big push into the metaverse, according to Vogue Business. It’s partnering with premium NFT collection Bored Ape Yacht Club, NFT collector GMoney, and comic strip Punks Comics on its metaverse strategy.
The next Rally Digest will be published on January 10, 2022.