Five Ways Hemp Helps Fibromyalgia
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a condition that causes pain all over the body. It also causes sleep problems, fatigue, and often emotional and mental distress. People with fibromyalgia may be more sensitive to pain caused by alternations in the way their brain processes pain perception. Fibromyalgia affects around 2% of the adult population or more than six and a half million Americans. The exact cause of fibromyalgia is not known, but it can be effectively managed and treated.
Fibromyalgia can affect people of all ages, however, most people are diagnosed during middle age and you are more likely to have fibromyalgia as you get older. Also, people with Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis are more likely to develop fibromyalgia. This suggests that fibromyalgia may be related to an autoimmune disorder of some kind. Other factors that have been associated with fibromyalgia include but are not limited to sex, stress, trauma, injury, illness, family history, and obesity.
Fibromyalgia can be effectively treated and managed with medication and self-management strategies. Exercise and muscle strengthening along with good stress management techniques such as meditation, yoga, and massage along with good sleep habits, and cognitive behavioral therapy can help treat the symptoms associated with and related to fibromyalgia.
Additionally, using products made with cannabinoid-rich hemp extracts can help support the management of fibromyalgia symptoms. Here are five ways that CBD can help people with fibromyalgia.
1. PROMOTES A HEALTHY INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE REDUCING “FLARE -UPS” — It’s common to experience “flare-ups” where pain can be absolutely unbearable and debilitating in these areas or any other affected areas of the body. Since pain is one of the ways the body responds to inflammation, introducing products made with cannabinoid-rich hemp extracts into your daily wellness regiment, support your endocannabinoid system and can help support good pain management by promoting a healthy inflammatory response while supporting the central nervous system reducing the “flare-ups” related to fibromyalgia.
2. PROMOTES HEALTHY RESTFUL SLEEP — Products made with cannabinoid-rich hemp extracts have been shown to reduce stress and promote restful sleep by helping you to fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and wake up feeling rested and rejuvenated. Most sleep issues are related to stress and feelings of anxiety causing us to feel alert and awake when we want to sleep. People with fibromyalgia often experience a great deal of stress and anxiety related to their condition. Improvements in overall sleep patterns, including allowing for extended rest and relieving insomnia, can profoundly improve the quality of life for those with fibromyalgia.
3. HELPS TO MANAGE MIGRAINES AND HEADACHES — Research suggests that the endocannabinoid system may play a vital role in managing migraines and headaches. Cannabinoid-mediated mechanisms show a reduced the overall state of endocannabinoids, referred to as the endocannabinoid tone, in patients suffering migraines. Using products made with cannabinoid-rich hemp improves endocannabinoid tone thus helping to better manage migraines and headaches.
4. HELPS CALM AND CLEAR “FIBRO FOG” — Randy’s Remedy products are made with cannabinoid-rich hemp extracts and can be used to increase brain function, improve concentration, elevate mood and improve cognitive abilities when experiencing “fibro fog”. Fibro fog is a type of cognitive dysfunction reported by many people with fibromyalgia. While it is not a cure, cannabinoids can help modulate mood and improve mood and feelings of dizziness or fatigue related to “fibro fog”, as well as the negative feelings that may result.
5. PROMOTES GUT HEALTH — Fibromyalgia sufferers often experience gastrointestinal distress, along with other symptoms. By consistently and regularly using products that can deliver the benefits of active natural cannabinoid-rich hemp extracts, like CBD, fibromyalgia sufferers are able to better promote a healthy inflammatory response which helps manage symptoms related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) helping to control flare-ups improve symptoms related to IBS, or chronic pain before they begin.
Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder associated with widespread pain in the muscles, bones, and areas of tenderness and general fatigue. Since there is not a clear cause, fibromyalgia is often misdiagnosed. While 75% to 90% of fibromyalgia sufferers are women, men can get the disorder as well. Fibromyalgia may be caused by a clinical endocannabinoid deficiency which causes the body to be unable to modulate the regulatory processes that normally prevent the symptoms associated with fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia is just one of many poorly-understood pain conditions affecting women that may benefit from using CBD. One observational study looking at people using cannabis for fibromyalgia showed promising results with nearly all participants reporting a significant reduction in severe pain after 6 months. A number of quality of life measures were also improved, along with sleep, appetite, and sexual activity. Around 20% of the participants, who were taking opioids or benzodiazepines, reduced or entirely eliminated their use.
Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain — https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660/
The Consumption of Cannabis by Fibromyalgia Patients in Israel — https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6081591/
Safety and Efficacy of Medical Cannabis in Fibromyalgia — https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6616435/
Cognitive Impairments in Fibromyalgia Syndrome: Associations With Positive and Negative Affect, Alexithymia, Pain Catastrophizing and Self-Esteem — https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5874325/
Gut bacteria associated with chronic pain for first time — https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/06/190620100043.htm
Choose Randy’s Remedy products for the highest quality, scientifically formulated CBD-rich emulsions and lotions. Visit www.randysclub.com/shop.