Building apps for multiple platforms has become essential for most kinds of businesses. Statistics show that in 2017, 178.1 billion mobile apps were downloaded worldwide. With a significant growth in the app market, there have been advances in app development as well.
And as much as the sustainability of this ‘trend’ is concerned, you can rest assured that investing in building successful mobile application won’t go to waste. In 2017, 52% of the time users spent on digital media was on mobile apps. And the numbers are only going to grow further.
What are Application Frameworks?
Nowadays, mobile applications development companies can create a base for an application, which can be then adapted on platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, and more. This software library that provides a fundamental structure to build the application is called Framework.
As you must have guessed by now, there are many companies that work dedicatedly to provide this framework. So, which one should you opt for and why? We’ll answer that question for you here.
The best frameworks for your application
Hybrid frameworks are application frameworks that are supported on multiple platforms. Before you hire a mobile app development service to work on your brand-new application, make sure you have enough knowledge about what would suit your business the best. Here is a list of the best frameworks out there.
- It is an open source network.
- The framework has counterpart rights, allowing the user to use the same components for an Andriod and iOS-based app.
- The framework is simple, efficient, and quick in processing.
- As it makes use of JS, users don’t need to learn Android or iOS-specific coding.
Intel XDK is a commendable hybrid mobile app framework provider. A venture of the famous Intel group, it offers HTML5 cross-platform development tools. They have software development capacities for apps which are based on Node.JS, IoT, and onboard apps.
- It integrates emulation, testing, debugging, and build tools together. This saves time in app development, which is otherwise wasted on switching between tools.
- It supports websites that are rich in content, responsive, and interactive due to its plugins and web services.
- PhoneGap deploys open web standards. As a result, any developer with a basic knowledge of web and mobile development can grasp its functionality.
- The hydration feature helps in fast build cycles and debugs.
- It provides an extensive range of plug-ins.
- No SDK maintenance is required.
- Includes cloud-based operation for easy access and storage.
With some of the best hybrid mobile app development tools, Xamarin is a common favourite among app developers. Owned by Microsoft, Xamarin helps write native apps for Android, iOS, and Windows alike.
- Xamarin supports a great degree of customization. It uses native UI for every platform, thus allowing the developers to create a native look and feel for each one.
- It provides high performance and saves time due to its code settings.
- Its software architecture is simplified.
- The support Xamarin provides is exceptional.
- Great tools for developer consistency and productivity.
- It provides native API reflection.
- It is extensible with plenty of plugins and is platform-agnostic.
- Directly supports Vue and Angular frameworks.
This one’s created by Google. It is an open-source mobile application development SDK. It can be accessed for making Android and iOS applications. It seems like a result of rigorous research on mobile app development, architecture, and management.
- It allows you to be highly productive by using less code.
- It makes use of a modern language with a declarative approach which is easier to work with.
- It allows easy prototypes and iterations.
- Highly customised user experiences are possible with this framework.
- Allows access to Material Design and Cupertino, which are Flutters own widgets for app design.
Electron is another recognised open source cross-platform mobile development environment. It uses the latest Node.JS, CSS, and HTML. Moreover, it extends to most desktop operating systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac. Finally, it is used by companies like Microsoft and Facebook, so you know it’s good.
- It is a full-featured text editor, one of the best out there.
- It provides core functionalities like a crash report, auto-update, and system-specific features.
- Writing a desktop software is possible as it relies completely on web standards.
Originally built on Angular.JS and Apache Cordova, Ionic uses CSS, HTML5, and Sass. Its most recent versions are built on only Angular. The apps built on Ionic can be distributed through native app stores and can be installed on devices with the help of Cordova.
- It is completely free of cost.
- They have a total of over 120 native features to be installed in your application. These include Bluetooth and fingerprint authentication as well.
- You can put your app on any platform by using their CLI to create build, test, and publish.
Time to get started
As you must be assured by now, a hybrid application gives an experience even better than a mobile-friendly website. They are a good choice for procuring better results and getting things done quickly. So, stop pondering and hire an app developer right away. Make sure you mutually decided on the best hybrid app development framework, now that you’re aware of how they function!
Originally published at raredevs.weebly.com.