Connectedreams’ Weekly Resources
User Experience Design is often (miss-)understood as coming up with as simple, beautiful, and easy to use feature-set of a product, that make its user’s life easier. However, features are merely a small and fragile part of the product. They are only a few of many thinkable solutions for a user’s problem. The discipline of Experience Design, in fact, extends well into thinking in terms of product — specific user’s problems, jobs to be done, user goals, and revenues.
Make something people want by designing around their needs.
- The Only UX Reading List Ever.
- Shit You Should Know If You Are New in UX Business!
- Beginner’s Guide to UX Research.
- Visual Ethnography for Designers — Understand the design context by Prof. Nina Sabnani IDC, IIT Bombay.
- Making Learning Easy by Design - How Google’s Primer team approached UX.
- Unfolding the Napkin: The Hands-On Method for Solving Complex Problems with Simple Pictures
- Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience
- Universal Methods of Design: 100 Ways to Research Complex Problems, Develop Innovative Ideas, and Design Effective Solutions
- Joi Ito’s TED Talk on being a nowist.
Scholarships and Fellowships:
- Tata Scholarship — Indian Undergraduate students who get accepted to Cornell University are eligible for the scholarship. Preference is given to the students accepted into the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning. Deadline: November 1.
- Trinty College Dublin — Scholarships are offered at undergraduate level in the fields of Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Science and Computer Science.
- Indy Design Fellowship — A three-month long program that partners outstanding undergraduates and graduates with top Indy-based startups. Fall Session: September-November.
- Smart Nation Fellowship Programme — Innovate with data science and technology for the public good.
- Youth for India: Fuel for Change, State Bank of India. Last Date of Submission: June 10.
- IDEO U, Communication Design Intern, San Francisco, CA.
- IDEO, Interaction Design Intern, Palo Alto, CA.
- UNICEF — Information Communication Technology Intern, both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO).
- Frog, Interaction Design, Austin, TX- US.
- NSG Design Summer/Fall Internship for Undergraduate Students. Intel.
- Intel Corporation
- Make your way to work at Siemens, Bengaluru Area, India.
- IBM — Application Consultant, Bengaluru India.
- GoodWorkLabs — Good Work is a UX design studio and an outsourced product development firm. Bengaluru, India.
- WebMD — WebMD provides health information services, through public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. New York, NY.
- An opportunity to work in the wearables space at Intel, San Francisco, California.
*Follow Us On Medium to get weekly updates on — Reading List, Fellowships, Scholarships, Internships & Jobs.
Connectedreams.com is an online data-driven, cultural context-aware networking platform to bridge the mentorship gap.