Just NBA News: Trade Deadline Day (February 23, 2017)
- TRADE! Philadelphia sends Nerlens Noel to Dallas for Andrew Bogut, Justin Anderson and DAL’s 2017 1st (protected 1–18). If that pick does not convey, PHI gets DAL’s 2017 & 2018 2nds.
- TRADE! Houston ships K.J. McDaniels to Brooklyn.
- TRADE! Milwaukee sends Roy Hibbert to Denver for a heavily protected 2nd round pick.
- TRADE! Chicago sends Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott and their own 2018 2nd round pick to Oklahoma City for Joffrey Lauvergne, Cameron Payne and Anthony Morrow.
- TRADE! Houston sends Tyler Ennis to the Lakers for Marcelo Huertas, who will immediately be waived by the Rockets.
- TRADE! Atlanta ships Mike Scott to Phoenix for cash (emojis).
- TRADE! Toronto sends Jared Sullinger, their 2017 2nd and their 2018 2nd to Phoenix for P.J. Tucker.
- New Orleans is expected to waive Terrence Jones.
- ALMOST, THIBS! New York was willing to send Derrick Rose to Minnesota for Ricky Rubio in a pure swap, but MIN declined.
- Dallas waived Deron Williams.
- Atlanta has signed Ryan Kelly for the rest of the season.
- NO DEAL: Indiana stood pat with Paul George and talks never got too hot with Boston — the Pacers asked for more than the C’s were willing to part with. Denver also made a push for George.
- NO DEAL: Jimmy Butler is staying put, too. The Hawks, according to one report, tried to build a package around 3+ 1st round picks for either Butler or Paul George.
- Phoenix plans to immediately waive Jared Sullinger and Mike Scott after acquiring them in deals before the deadline. Suns will also sign Ronnie Price for the rest of the season.
- Early reports indicate newly acquired Omri Casspi broke a thumb in his first game with the Pelicans — could be a 4–6 week time table.
Photo via USA Today