An evidence-based approach to ISO 9001:2015 Clause 7.1.6 Organisational Knowledge
The revised standard, ISO 9001:2015, includes the new clause 7.1.6 Organisational knowledge. The requirements of this clause are:
The organization shall determine the knowledge necessary for the operation of its processes and to achieve conformity of products and services.
This knowledge shall be maintained and be made available to the extent necessary.
When addressing changing needs and trends, the organization shall consider its current knowledge and determine how to acquire or access the necessary additional knowledge and required updates.
In seeking to meet the new organisational knowledge requirement, it is vitally important that proven practices and processes are used, or valuable resources will be wasted and desired outcomes not achieved. RealKM Magazine can assist your organisation with this by providing you with a comprehensive source of practically-oriented evidence-based information.
Relevant RealKM magazine articles include:
- Knowledge management and ISO 9001:2015
- A model for understanding knowledge systems
- Components of a knowledge management system
- A knowledge flow notation for designing knowledge management systems
- Factors influencing employees’ willingness to share knowledge
- A classification framework of knowledge transfer issues across value networks
- Aligning HR with KM
- Implementing knowledge management
- KM in small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- KM in the construction industry
- Case Study: A knowledge strategy process for natural resource management organisations
Make sure to keep up to date with the new articles added to RealKM Magazine by:
Originally published at RealKM.