The top 100 most-discussed journal articles of 2017
Part 1 of a miniseries reviewing selected papers from Altmetric’s list of the top 100 most-discussed journal articles of 2017.
As we did last year, we’re once again taking an end-of-year look at the open access articles related to knowledge management from Altmetric’s list of the top 100 journal articles over the past year.
As Altmetric advises:
Altmetrics are metrics and qualitative data that are complementary to traditional, citation-based metrics. They can include (but are not limited to) peer reviews on Faculty of 1000, citations on Wikipedia and in public policy documents, discussions on research blogs, mainstream media coverage, bookmarks on reference managers like Mendeley, and mentions on social networks such as Twitter.
The open access article related to knowledge management from the 2017 list are:
- #16 When Will AI Exceed Human Performance? Evidence from AI Experts
- #36 Brain Drain: The Mere Presence of One’s Own Smartphone Reduces Available Cognitive Capacity
- #73 Social Media Use and Perceived Social Isolation Among Young Adults in the U.S.
- #87 Buying time promotes happiness
- #89 Brain–Computer Interface–Based Communication in the Completely Locked-In State
- #100 The Code for Facial Identity in the Primate Brain
Articles from this list will be featured in RealKM Magazine through January 2018.
Originally published at RealKM.