EP 18: Everyone is So Teen (Lady Bird)
This week we dive into Greta Gerwig’s Oscar nominated Lady Bird. We look at the ever complicated mother/daughter relationship, the balance between empathy for others vs yourself, and the impact adolescent relationships have on you. But first! Avery talks about her newest obsession (hint: not what you’d expect) and Rosey talks about the hidden gem Dollface. We wrap up with The 100 Best Romances of All Time according to Entertainment Weekly.
Next week we’ll be talking about the 1998 Oscar winner Titanic.
Some topics covered:
- Premiere League Soccer on Peacock
- Fresh Trailer
- Pamela Anderson will ‘never, never watch’ Pam & Tommy
- How is it okay for Hulu to retell Pamela Anderson’s incredibly personal story without her permission?
- IATSE (PA) Strike
- On Mothers and Daughters in Greta Gerwig’s Lady Bird
- Lady Bird and Cycles of Abuse
- ‘Lady Bird’ Is All Of Our Relationships With Our Moms
- Greta Gerwig Takes On Mother-Daughter Love (And Angst) In ‘Lady Bird’
Thing we trailed:
- We didn’t! We looked at this list instead: The 100 Best Romances of All Time
Where to stream:
- Dollface — Hulu
- In From the Cold — Netflix
- Love is Blind — Netflix
- Just Mercy — HBO Max
- Our Kind of People — Hulu
- Fresh — Hulu
- Pam & Tommy — Hulu
- We Need to Talk About Cosby — Showtime
As always, please hit us up with questions, suggestions, just to say hi, or god forbid any concerns (jkkk if you’re concerned we’re concerned, def let us know). Follow us on socials @theriftpod, and you can email us at email@example.com.
Episodes drop every Wednesday. See you next week!