Soya Chilli is an Indo-Chinese Fusion that would just blast your mouth with the spiciness of Indian Masala and Chinese Preparations and mesmerize you with the juiciness of soya nuggets. Soya Chilli is a quick starter to relish.
400 gms of Soya Chunks/Nuggets
2 Green Chillies
1 -1.5 inches of Ginger
15–20 Garlic Cloves
2 Lengthwise Chopped Onions
1 Lengthwise Chopped Capsicum
3–4 Chopped Spring Onions
¼ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 ½ Teaspoon Coriander Seed-Cumin Seed Powder (Dhana Jeera Powder)
2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 Teaspoon Green Chilli Sauce
1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Sauce
4–5 Teaspoon Tomato Sauce
½ Teaspoon Soya Sauce
1. Soak the Soya Chunks or Soya Nuggets in water for 30–45 minutes.
2. Now take oil to deep fry the nuggets. Drench the water from the soya completely and fry them in the oil till they turn golden brown.
3. In a mixer jar take green chillies, ginger and garlic and make a coarse paste. We will use this paste latter.
4. Now in a shallow vessel, take some oil to prepare the spicy sauce for the Soya.
5. Once the oil is heated add lengthwise chopped onions and fry them till they turn transparent.
6. Once the onions turn transparent add the capsicum to it. Let the capsicum cook for a while.
7. Add 3–4 chopped spring onions to it and stir all the ingredients.
8. Now add the green chillies-ginger-garlic paste we prepared earlier and mix it well.
9. Now it is time to add the Indian spices i.e. turmeric powder, coriander seed-cumin seed powder and red chilli powder.
10. Mix the spices well. Add salt as per taste.
11. Now to give the Chinese touch add the green chilli sauce, red chilli sauce, tomato sauce and soya sauce in the above mentioned proportions.
12. Mix all the ingredients well and add the soya chunks to the prepared sauce.
13. Mix and cook the soya chunks for 2 minutes and Soya Chilli is ready to relish!
For more recipes visit: