Application Process Now Open for the 2018 Mayor’s Beautification Awards
Recognizing community members and businesses who make Redwood City a more beautiful place to live
Have you recently improved your home or business? If so, this blog is for you! Join the City in celebrating community members and businesses who make Redwood City beautiful! Apply for an award category and be a part of a community recognition supporting civic pride and community spirit.
The Mayor’s Beautification Awards encourages civic pride by recognizing community members and businesses who do an outstanding job of beautifying and improving their properties. These awards publicly acknowledge property owners who make Redwood City a more beautiful place to live! The Mayor’s Beautification Awards support the City’s mission of building a great community together and the City Council’s strategic initiative of community building and communications.
The awards program, administered by the City of Redwood City’s Pride and Beautification Committee, is now taking applications! The City of Redwood City’s Pride and Beautification Committee promotes the quality of life in Redwood City by creating, participating in, and supporting activities and programs that improve the physical and aesthetic environment of our community. (Another big effort lead by the Pride and Beautification Committee is next week’s Spring Cleanup on April 21. Go here for more details)
Interested in Applying for the Mayor’s Beautification Award?
Encourage your neighbors and friends to apply! Single Family homes, fourplexes to apartment buildings, homeowner’s association complexes, commercial properties and mobile homes are eligible to apply for an award. Other requirements include:
· Beautification efforts must be visible from the public right of way.
· Buildings must be occupied and not for sale during the application process.
· The property must not be in violation of any city codes.
· Exterior remodel/landscape projects must be complete upon submitting an application.
· One award will be given in each of these five categories: Home — “Do it Yourself” (work was completed by you and non-professional family members, etc.)
· Home — “Professional” (all/most work was completed by a licensed professional who you paid for the work
· Business — Small (with 25 or fewer employees)
· Business — Large (with 26 or more employees
· Special Category (school projects, community garden, non-profit, historic property, etc.)
Winners will be recognized at an upcoming City Council meeting. Stay tuned for the date!
The application asks how your entry best fits the category entered and asks you to attach good quality, well-lit photos of the work. Please include up to three “before” and up to three “after pictures.”
Go here to view the 2017 winners.
If you are interested in learning more and applying go here. Applications close at 11:59 p.m. on June 30!