Bow Tie Cinemas to reopen Ultimate Royale 6 on Friday, Dec. 18
The Norwalk theater will offer new releases, private movie parties and a CinemaSafe® experience
RIDGEFIELD, CONN. (Dec. 11, 2020) — Bow Tie Cinemas is pleased to announce that it will open the Ultimate Royale 6 on Friday, Dec. 18, ahead of the holiday season. The theater will become the exhibitor’s second re-opened location in Fairfield County after the Ultimate Majestic 6 & BTX in Stamford re-opened in August.
The fully renovated luxury theater will play brand new Hollywood releases like Wonder Woman 1984, Tom Hanks’ News of the World, Monster Hunter and more. Tickets for Wonder Woman 1984 and other holiday movies will be available for purchase in the coming days on bowtiecinemas.com and on the Bow Tie mobile app.
“We are thrilled to be able to re-open the Ultimate Royale 6 on Dec. 18 and provide our loyal audience with another theater to enjoy in Fairfield County. For months we have demonstrated our CinemaSafe® protocols in Stamford and we will ensure everyone has a great experience in Norwalk!” said Joseph Masher, chief operating officer, Bow Tie Cinemas.
Customers will be able to host a Private Movie Party for up to 20 guests in the comfort of their own auditorium. The private screening is a fun and safe way to return to the movies in a secluded space with friends, family, and proper social distancing. A Private Movie Party can be easily booked on Bow Tie’s website for as low as $99.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, Bow Tie Cinemas has instituted numerous new policies to keep its customers and employees safe and to comply with applicable guidelines. They include:
- 100 percent reserved seating in all auditoriums
- Auditorium capacity limitations of 50 percent of available seating
- A temporary waiver of all advanced ticketing fees on its website or mobile app
- Selling seats in an alternating pattern so that each customer will have an empty seat on either side
- Upgrades to its mobile app and lobby kiosks to allow for contact-free purchasing of tickets and concession items
- Mandatory wearing of facemask for staff and customers in all parts of the theater unless consuming food and beverages in their seat
- Installation of plexiglass barriers at box office and concession
- Frequent cleaning of touch points throughout the day
- Enhancements to overnight professional cleaning
- Added social distancing markers and directional signage
- Limitations on restroom and lobby capacities
Bow Tie is also one of the hundreds of Exhibitors participating in the CinemaSafe® NATO initiative. There have been zero cases of COVID-19 transmission or spread from a movie theater nationwide. The chain has safely re-opened select theaters in Colorado, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Virginia over the past few months and will re-open two Upstate New York theaters next Friday.
For a full list of safety protocols and procedures, visit www.BowTieCinemas.com/SafeCinema. For any questions or comments, please feel free to email SafeCinema@bowtiecinemas.com.
About Bow Tie Cinemas: Bow Tie Cinemas is a four-generation family-owned cinema company headquartered in Ridgefield, Connecticut. Bow Tie Cinemas owns and operates 25 luxury cinemas in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, and Colorado. bowtiecinemas.com