REMME Core 0.1.0 alpha release
Less than 10 days after completing a successful token sale, REMME is to release the alpha 0.1.0 version of its Core protocol.
In parallel with the preparation of REMME token sale, our R&D division focused on research and development of the architecture as part of the planned release of the REMME protocol core.
The current work on the alpha version of the product is being preceded by a lengthy process of research. This is to explore the development of a balanced economic model for the REM token and the choice of a suitable platform for the implementation of the sidechain.
After numerous experiments, it was decided to develop a custom blockchain for the core of the platform. As a foundation, REMME uses Hyperledger Sawtooth, as this is the most relevant blockchain for the requirements of the REMME product (for more information, see Whitepaper Annex 3: Blockchain frameworks comparison).
The main working language of development is Python, and Protocol Buffers is used as the protocol for serializing (transfer) structured data.
The first release of REMME Core 0.1.0 alpha laid the foundation for the REMME protocol:
- The architecture and high-level logic of working with SSL / TLS certificates have been developed: issuing and revoked certificates on the REMME blockchain (REMchain) level;
- The basic elements of the economy of the REM token have been integrated in the form of a mechanism for the token emission and the possibility of their transfer between users at the REMchain level;
- A command-line interface (CLI) for convenient access to the core functionality (issuing and revoking certificates, transferring REM tokens between users) has been incorporated.
The REMME technical team uses an iterative and incremental development approach, and plans to implement a number of improvements and expansion of the core functionality in the next releases.
- Improved project architecture: security layer, payment for revocation / issuance of certificates
- The first experimental test of the REMME consortium network (an implementation with manual management of masternodes in the framework of Intel PoET consensus);
- Development of inter-blockchain token migration mechanism of REM ERC-20 token, initially released on the Ethereum platform, to REMchain. It will be built on the Ethereum Kovan testnet and REMME testnet (see the previous paragraph)
- R&D and experiments on the implementation of Proof-of-Services custom consensus algorithm.
- Test coverage
One of the key objectives for the REMME team is contribution to the development of the crypto space and the global blockchain ecosystem, so we plan to work actively towards the development of the REMME tech community.
We are open to your constructive suggestions for product improvement, so all those who are interested in the project from a technological point of view are more than welcome to contribute. The source code of REMME Core 0.1.0 alpha protocol is already available in the official REMME repository on GitHub.