Q2 Mainnet Update
We wanted to update you on the current progress and plans for a Q2 Genesis Mainnet release.
Currently we have 65 nodes testing RNDR — with a high of 82 concurrent nodes — and are going to be opening up the network to expand artists for testing once we integrate a full version of Octane into the RNDR Network and remove caps on resolution and sample size. See the latest Week 15 Beta Update and the RNDR Q1 GTC update.
With the accelerated pace of OctaneRender development — three major releases in 6 months — we have been timing the RNDR launch to coincide with the most current Octane release so that users experience an easy interchange between the Octane and RNDR ecosystems. Currently RNDR is using a demo version of Octane 4.02. We have plans for migrating soon to OctaneRender 2018, which is currently in testing. Finally, we plan to integrate OctaneRender 2019 when it is stable. This will allow us to support a new RTX backend and revolutionary new features that enable Octane to reach more production workflows.
In the last year and a half we have built everything we mapped out through Phase III. We are comprehensively fixing bugs before we launch on Mainnet.
Below you can see a demo video of the latest RNDR release which showcases stability across a large set of parallel nodes, mimicking live network behavior.
The goal now is a smooth and seamless release when we migrate from using Testnet to deploying real tokens. Our plan is to release our Genesis Mainnet towards the end of Q2, with a target release date of Monday 6/24, opening initially to Genesis and Beta users.
Our current development priorities are as follows:
- Integrate full version of Octane into RNDR for extensive production testing
- Implement additional end-to-end encryption features and undergo security testing on both artist and miner sides of the network
- Expand Artist Side Beta Testing, stress testing a wider variety of scenes on the network (up to LF jobs)
- Allow secondary options for depositing RNDR
- Onboard remaining Genesis and Beta miners and artists
- Integrate latest Octane versions into RNDR Client
- Polish RNDR UI and UX for frictionless use
- Deploy initial Tokenomics and Governance (Staking, Reputation System)
We are nearly there and we are grateful for all the support we’ve had from everyone to get here and are excited about updating you regularly about progress in Q2 as we get to Mainnet.
Thank You again for your Beta Feedback!
Join the Rendering Revolution!
Stay in touch with RNDR as we prepare for the Mainnet release in 2019 — creating a new economy of distributed P2P rendering on the blockchain.