As we get closer to the mainnet launch, all RNDR token holders will need to convert their old RNDR tokens to new ones to ensure immediate use of the network as soon as it launches at the end of the Phase III.
The migration will update the ERC-20 tokens distributed to token holders to include additional escrow smart-contract functionality we have built in Phase II. We are now replacing and swapping the old tokens for new ERC-20 tokens with the escrow function in place for our upcoming Phase III-D release of the RNDR watermarking escrow system.
With this token migration, we are also reducing the total token supply consistent with the changes to the token structure announced in March 2018, changing the amount of tokens in the RNDR ecosystem from 2³¹ to 2²⁹.
To complete the two-step migration process and ensure use of the network, please follow the step-by-step instructions and video guide below:
- Go to migration.rendertoken.com
- Click the MetaMask logo on the top right and ensure that you are logged into a wallet that contains your RNDR Tokens.
- You will see your balance under “Old Token” on the top left of the page.
- Click Approve Migration and confirm the MetaMask prompt that pops up (if it doesn’t pop up, click the Metamask logo on the top right and you should see the “confirm” button)
- Once the confirmation happens from Metamask the “Migration Status” should change to “Approved”. Do NOT refresh page until this change happens.
- Now click Perform Migration and again confirm the Metamask popup
- Your balance under “Old Token” should now be 0. And there should be a new balance under “New Token”
- Add the new contract address as a custom token in your personal wallet to see your balance there:
Go to your Wallet and Add Custom Token
Input this contract address: 0x6de037ef9ad2725eb40118bb1702ebb27e4aeb24
Token Symbol: RNDR
In our next blog post, we will be sharing an updated roadmap for Q1/Q2 of 2019 along with some updates and data from RNDR Beta testing.
Join the Rendering Revolution!
Stay in touch with RNDR Token in 2019 as we prepare for the Mainnet release and creating a new economy of distributed P2P rendering on the blockchain.