37 Video Marketing Stats You Need To Know For 2017
With the meteoric rise of video, It is not difficult to understand why it is becoming a necessity for marketers in 2017. This comprehensive list of video statistics will help you understand why video is such a big deal.
One example would be, mobile video is expected increase 11x between 2016 and 2020. Another is, 67% of Millennials agree that they can find a YouTube video on anything they want to learn.
This just goes to show that people are looking for video.
To communicate to their audience, marketers are realizing more and more that video is the way to get their message across. The problem in the past has been, video take to much time and costs to much money.
2017 is the year marketers can no longer ignore video. The numbers don’t lie when it comes to video.
To learn more about how video marketing can help convert customers and increase brand awerness, see our infographic below. It breaks down 37 compelling video marketing statistics into eight different categories: video views by social network, most popular forms of online content, conversion rates, who uses video, your audience, content, video is the new TV, and video ad spending.
The 37 Must Know Statistics About Video Marketing:
- Between Snapchat (10 billion), Facebook (8 billion), and YouTube alone (4 billion), there are 22 billion daily video views.
- Be sure to choose the right kind of content for your video. The 3 most popular forms of content are comedy (39%), news (33%), music (31%).
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises at least 100% year over year.
- Video in email leads to a 200–300% increase in click through rates.
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80%.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online.
- Real Estate Listings That Include a video recieve over 400% more inquiries than those who don’t.
- Combining video with a full page ad boosts engagement by at least 22%.
- When you use video on social media, your audience is 10 times more likely to engage with it in some way.
- 65% of excecutives will visit a website and 39% will call a vendor after viewing a video.
- 50% of executives look for more information after seeing a product / service in a video.
- When you use video, you have a 53 times higher higher likelihood of ranking on the first page of Google.
- 86% of colleges and universities have a presence on YouTube.
- 65% of marketers plan to increase their mobile ad budgets to account for video.
- 86% of online video marketers use video content.
- 22% of small businesses plan to post a video in the next 12 months.
- 66% of B2B organizations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns, of which 73% report positive results on their ROI.
- 1 minute of video is equivelant to 1.8 million words to your audience.
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process.
- 1/3 of all online activity is spend watching video.
- 80% of users recall a video ad they have viewed online in the past month.
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others.
- 36% of online consumers trust video ads.
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
- 46% of users take some kind of action after viewing a video ad.
- 75% of online video viewers have interacted with an online video in the past month.
- 90% of online video views are between the ages of 18–34. This same group between the ages of 18 and 34 collectively are expected to spend more than $200 billion annually starting in 2017 and $10 trillion in their lifetimes.
- Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand assocaiton by 139%.
- 5% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% will stop watching by 2 minutes.
- The average user spends over 16 minutes watching online video ads every month.
- 4 of 5 users will click away if the video stalls while loading.
- 300 hours of video and uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text.
- More video content is uploaded every 30 days than all 3 major U.S. T.V. networks combined have created in the past 30 years.
- Online video ads recieve over 18 times more viewer engagement than T.V. commercials.
- In 2017 video ad spending is expected to top $11.4 billion.
- Video ads make up 35% of total online spending.
- The average user is exposed to an average of 32.3 videos in a month.
- 45.4 percent of users viewed at least one video online over the course of a month.
- By 2017, online video will account for 74% of all web traffic.
- 65% of viewers watch more than 3/4 of a video.
- 28% of smartphone users watch a video on their device at least once a day.
- 81% of people feature their video on their brands website.
- 4.6 billion video ads are watched online each year.
- Visitors who view videos stay on websites an average of 2 minutes longer than those who don’t.
- 59% of viewers will watch a video that is less than 1 minute long.
- 7 out of 10 marketing professionals are optimizing video for SEO.
- The average user spends 88% more time on websites with videos.
- 70% of marketing professionals report video converts better than any other mediums.
- Mobile makes up 40% of the global watch time on YouTube.
- Including a video on your homepage can increase conversion rates by 20% or more.
- 30 second in-stream mobile video ads have an 88.3% completion rate.
- Animated explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20%.
- Videos that are 15 seconds or shorter are shared 37% more often than those that last between 30 seconds and 1 minute.
- About 74% of the online market now supports HTML5 according to LongTail Video.
- 16% of YouTube videos are embedded, linked, shared on Tuesday between 11am and 1pm.
- Ipad users tend to watch a video up to 5 minutes long.
- According to Visible Measures, 20% of viewers will click away from a video in 10 seconds or fewer.
- It will take over 5,000,000 years to watch every video that crosses global IP networks in a single month in 2019.
- 147.MM Americans watch video on the internet.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- 55% of shoppers often research on mobile devices, where visual content helps inform their product selection.
- 4 out of 5 shoppers say a video showing how a product or service works is important.
- 7 out 10 Millennials are likely to watch a company video when shopping online.
- Q4 2015 was the first time ever that mobile video views exceeded desktop views.
- 68% of shoppers expect a consistent set of visual content across desktop and mobile devices.
- 100 million hours of video per day are watched on Facebook.
- Mobile video views grew 6x faster than desktop views in 2015.
- 50% of advertisers are shifting budgets from TV to digital video.
- “How-to” searches are up 70% year-over-year on YouTube.
- Explainer and product feature videos were the most popular videos for retailers in 2015.
- Videos rated at least four out of five stars had more than twice the average buy rate of videos rated three stars or less.
- 1 in 4 shoppers say they’ve used YouTube to search for a video related to a product they’re considering in-store.
- 92% of shoppers say visuals are the most influential factor affecting purchase decisions.
- Marketers who use video receive 41% more web traffic from search than non-users.
- 90% of Twitter video views are on mobile devices.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- Video ads have an average click-through rate (CTR) of 1.84%, the highest click-through rate of all digital ad formats.
- Replacing an image with a video on a landing page increases conversions by 12.62%.
- By 2020, smartphones will account for 81% of total mobile traffic (up from 76% in 2015).
- 33% of tablet owners watch one hour of video per day on their device.