How to Participate in Republic Protocol Crowdsale
Crowdsale ENS domain and guide for common wallets
- Crowdsale will start on February 3rd, 2018 at UTC 10:00am
- Only approved addresses of the whitelisted/KYC passed participants can contribute, check your address using our bot https://t.me/republicprotocolbot
- No need to rush, as everyone is subject to the individual cap of 1ETH during the first 5 hours. After 5 hours, all remaining REN will be sold first come, first serve. See countdown timer at https://crowdsale.republicprotocol.com/
- Crowdsale ENS domain is republicprotocol.eth (Please go to https://etherscan.io/address/republicprotocol.eth to get the address if your wallet does not support ENS) — WE WILL NOT POST AN ADDRESS ON ANY OF OUR COMMUNICATIONS CHANNELS, JUST ENS DOMAIN
- There are no limitations on Gas limit or Gas price. During the first 5 hours standard safe gas limits and prices should be fine.
Gas limit — 250,000, gas price — 60 Gwei
- The telegram channel will be heavily moderated, posting of Ethereum addresses, links, photos, will result in bans — group will be muted if there is excessive spam
- More information about the crowdsale can be found here
Official Information Sources
Do not trust any information sources that are not on the official Republic Protocol communication channels. The ENS domain will only be posted in this blog, on our telegram announcement channel and at https://crowdsale.republicprotocol.com/
The telegram channel will be heavily moderated during over the ICO period, with posting of Ethereum addresses, links, photos or any malicious content resulting in bans — the group will be muted if there is excessive spam. This is for the safety of the community.
The official channels
Telegram Ann: https://t.me/republicprotocolannouncements
Only approved whitelist members who have successfully completed KYC can participate in the crowdsale on February 3rd 10:00am UTC. Please check https://t.me/republicprotocolbot
- During the first 5 hours, user contribution amount is capped at 1 ETH.
- After the guaranteed allocation period, the individual cap will be lifted, and any remaining tokens will be sold first come, first serve to the approved whitelisted participants. Live progress on the amount of sold tokens and time remaining will be available here https://crowdsale.republicprotocol.com/
Official ETH Wallet Address
The crowdsale ENS domain is republicprotocol.eth. (Please go to https://etherscan.io/address/republicprotocol.eth to get the address if your wallet does not support ENS). Warning: all other addresses are fake! In order to contribute, please send Ether to the token sale address from your registered address.
- DO NOT send funds from exchanges
- DO NOT send your funds before the start of the token sale
- Only approved whitelisted addresses can participate
- There are no gas limitations but we recommend to set the gas limit to 250,000 and gas price to 60 Gwei
- A corresponding amount of REN tokens will be sent immediately to the sending address after contribution is made
- Tokens will be locked until two weeks after the crowdsale
In order to use MyEtherWallet correctly, please follow these steps:
2. Select the tab “Send Ether & Tokens”
3. Select the option “Keystore File (UTC / JSON)”, select your wallet file, enter your password and login to your account
4. Now, make sure you use the ENS domain republicprotocol.eth only
5. Set gas price to desired amount — we recommend 60 Gwei
6. Select the amount of ETH you’d like to send and click “Generate Transaction”
- Change gas limit to 250,000
Once you complete this process successfully, the contribution will be sent to our contract and you will see a proof of the transaction in the “Transaction History”.
Ledger Nano S
- In Ledger Nano S settings for Ethereum wallet on the device, turn browser support on.
- Visit https://www.myetherwallet.com
- Select the tab “Send Ether & Tokens”
- Select the option “Ledger Nano S”
- Unlock your wallet using your Ledger Nano S device
- Complete steps 4–6 of MyEtherWallet example above
MetaMask is a simple and intuitive add-on that enables everyone to send tokens easily and securely.
- Click on the add-on icon in your browser
- Click “Send”
- Now, make sure you copy the address from republicprotocol.eth and paste it in the “Recipient Address” field
- Enter the amount of ETH you want to send
- Click “Send”.
- Set gas limit to 250,000 and gas price to 60 Gwei.
- Submit the transaction.
- Open ImToken app
- Click Assets tab
- Select ETH option, then ‘Send’
- Enter republicprotocol.eth into the “Receiver’s Address” field
- Enter the amount of ETH you want to send
- Use slider to set mining fee or click on advanced options to set specific gas limit and gas price
- Click “Next”
- Click confirm to submit transaction
If you are already familiar with Mist, here are the steps to follow in order to successfully participate and contribute to our token sale event.
- Open your Mist application
- Go to the “Send” tab in the options
- Now, make sure you enter the ENS domain republicprotocol.eth only and put it in the “To:” section
- Enter the amount of ETH you want like to send (make sure it does not exceed the individual cap of 1ETH)
- The fee should be set nearing the bottom of the page, 60 Gwei is recommended
6. Click “Send”
7. You will see a summary of the the transaction — note, the contribution has not yet been sent as yet!
8. Enter your password again and click “Send Transaction”
Now your contribution has been sent and will be added to the Transaction History in the wallet (to view this go to Wallet Overview -> Latest Transactions)