Research VR Podcasts Categorized
A Comprehensive Guide
Over the past 2.5 years, I’ve had the privilege of talking with some of the most brilliant designers, scientists, and engineers about their craft to understand the underlying principles that make it all work.
We’ve covered everything from Design, Science, Technology, Culture & Society, and Art of the emerging Spatial Computing industry.
Here are some of our favorite episodes categorized for you to binge through:
- Interaction Design Sprints Wrap-up w/ Leap Motion: https://researchvr.podigee.io/69-researchvr66
- Designing for mobile AR with Torch 3D (Paul Reynolds, CEO): https://researchvr.podigee.io/91-researchvr87
- Why Beat Saber FEELS so GOOD w/ Jan “Split” Ilavsky: https://researchvr.podigee.io/75-researchvr69
- Rec Room’s Origins and its “User Generated Content” Future (Shawn Whiting, Community Designer @ Against Gravity): https://researchvr.podigee.io/99-researchvr95
- Breaking ALL the VR rules w/ Survios (Sprint Vector): https://researchvr.podigee.io/58-researchvr56
- Neuroscience, Perception and AR Research in Meta w/ Stefano Baldassi: https://researchvr.podigee.io/71-researchvr70
- VR Superpowers with IBM’s Head of VR Aldis Sipolins: https://researchvr.podigee.io/70-researchvr67
- 3D Audio explained w/ Sally Kellaway and Kaushik Sunder: https://researchvr.podigee.io/62-researchvr60
- CTRL-kit’s Intent-Based Finger Input w/ Jesslyn Tannady, Technical Prod. Manager @ CTRL-labs: https://researchvr.podigee.io/102-researchvr96
- Measuring your mind with Biofeedback in VR (Sarah Hill, CEO and Dr. Jeff Tarrant, CSO of StoryUp XR):
- Building Leap Motion’s “Project North Star” Kits (Noah Zerkin, PM at Noah Labs): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G010rKFJMyY&feature=youtu.be
- Super High-Res Varjo Headset Impressions (GDC + IEEE VR Wrap up): https://researchvr.podigee.io/65-researchvr62
- Vive Pro & Meta 2 Impressions + News: https://researchvr.podigee.io/60-researchvr58
- Full Body Haptic VR w/ Teslasuit: https://researchvr.podigee.io/68-researchvr66
- Simulating Touch in VR w/ Contact CI: https://researchvr.podigee.io/56-researchvr55
- VR as In-Flight Entertainment (David Dicko, CEO of Skylights): https://researchvr.podigee.io/93-researchvr89
- Building the XTAL headset (Marek Polčák, CEO of VRgineers): https://researchvr.podigee.io/94-researchvr90
- 3D Scanning, Photogrammetry, and AR Emojis w/ 3D Scan Expert: https://researchvr.podigee.io/72-researchvr68
- Rendering challenges of Virtual Reality w/ Dominic Eskofier from NVIDIA https://researchvr.podigee.io/34-researchvr33
- Is OTOY’s RNDR the only Blockchain technology that makes sense?https://researchvr.podigee.io/77-researchvr72
- Livestreaming Mixed Reality with LIV (Dr Doom & Ruu, Cofounder & CTO): https://researchvr.podigee.io/97-researchvr93
Culture & Society
- Can VR be used to train to shoot? With guest Ian Hamilton: https://researchvr.podigee.io/63-researchvr61
- Why Women DON’T like Social VR w/ Jessica Outlaw: https://researchvr.podigee.io/61-researchvr59
- Scanning & Preserving World Heritage Sites w/ Cyark: https://researchvr.podigee.io/54-researchvr53
- How to be a VR/AR developer w/ FusedVR: https://researchvr.podigee.io/59-researchvr57
- Creating a fun, social Art gallery in VR w/ Colin Northway and Robin Stethem: https://researchvr.podigee.io/76-researchvr71
- Animating in VR w/ AnimVR: https://researchvr.podigee.io/67-researchvr64
- Interactive Filmmaking in Augmented Reality, with Asad J Malik: https://researchvr.podigee.io/64-researchvr63
Investment, Business, and Strategy
- The Past, Present, and the Future of VR (Ben Lang, Executive Editor of Road to VR): https://researchvr.podigee.io/92-researchvr88
- Shared Technology between VR and Drones, Phones, IoT with Anshel Sag https://researchvr.podigee.io/80-researchvr76
- The VR Industry in a nutshell w/ Tipatat Chennavasin, General Partner at the Venture Reality Fund: https://researchvr.podigee.io/84-researchvr80
- Analyzing AR Trends in 2019 (Tom Emrich, Investor at Super Ventures): https://researchvr.podigee.io/96-researchvr92
🗣 Wanna chat?
Join our Discord community to participate in episode discussions, suggest topics & guests, and connect with other brilliant developers.
❤️ Support us!
Help keep the lights on by supporting us on Patreon!