Reserve Adoption Update
547,091, Kucoin payments, AUDIT SCOOP!, New Twitter Spaces with Nevin, GitHub, Socials
Happy Friday everyone — any hangovers from St Patricks Day?
Waiting on the App users as I type — will we get it before deadline?
- Audit Scoop
- Kucoin payments
- Twitter Spaces with Nevin
- AOB + Xi wallet position
News just in! Worried about whether the booked audit end of March is an issue? WORRY NO MORE. This is hot off the presses from Nevin
We have solved that problem by booking many audits now, as well as retaining a top firm on an ongoing basis with monthly payments in exchange for auditing services on demand, just in case. So I’m happy to report that the audit window is no longer as much of a concern, and the overall pace pretty much just depends on our own execution speed.
Get in on the Lodge table DAO
Interestingly, this time last year after the App opened to all Venezuelans, Reserve was 5th in the rankings :
And where is it today? 6th — which means even though it has been open for quite a few months now, still popular.
Modest rise in socials this week. Reviews still strong.
Out of the blue, Kucoin wallet now accepts Reserve as a form of payment
This is unexpected — but also means that it’s not a giant leap to exchanges accepting RSV, or RTokens in general. More on that later.
Todays new number is 547,091, which is 9003 new users this week.
So by end of April we should be looking at 600k users
Sunset Roll, a music festival on the beach is accepting Reserve as payment :
Red Ranger Five still creating new videos.
Well, every little helps.. we have moved from 71% complete to 73%
Here’s the list of pull requests
This is actually a record week on commits that we can see from the GitHub pulse
For those interested, here’s the remaining tasks
Twitter Spaces with Nevin
The Lodge did a Q&A with Nevin on Monday, which you can find here :
Ooer! Few takeaways from the discussion :
- RSV could be a 100% rewards to stakers stablecoin for the app as it would be more censorship resistant than RSV supplied by Reserve.
- An inherent property of RTokens once Reserve is run by a DAO is that they should not be seen by the US as a security, which means centralised exchanges would be able to list them. This could pave the way for RTokens to become mass market stablecoins with yield. Origin Dollar etc are centralised, and so have struggled to be mass adopted.
- RToken/RSV adoption through fintech wallets — there is already interest in this from a company
- The app might end up open source with a potential fork to P2P to make it more censorship resistant
- Nevina can’t be a DAO
Thanks once again to Nevin for the time.
Giveaways, as Keith Lemon would say are “Standard”.
RClub — I’ve been doing a bit more digging and it’s for high contributors to Reserve… some tweets
I’m guessing some sort of reward for being in the top 50 and spreading the message of Reserve.
Gabo has kicked off an idea for garment design
Update! Forgot the Xi wallet
No activity of late — happy with his bag…
Thanks for reading! Until next time…
No caption competition — I know when I’m beat!