Keep your goals to yourself to achieve more
This is a summary of a TED talk “Keep your goals to yourself” by Derek Sivers.
- Telling someone about your goals makes them less likely to happen.
- By telling someone your mind got tricked in a feeling that you’ve already achieved your goal.
- The satisfaction of sharing your goal makes you less motivated to achieve it.
- Your mind mistakes the talking for the doing — by talking more you do less.
- Four tests with 163 people have proved this relation.
Find more summaries like this on revolver.fyi.