Say less to make a bigger impact
This is a summary of a book Brief: Make a Bigger Impact by Saying Less.
- People do not like reading or listening to long messages, so keep it short and to the point.
- People have a very short attention span of 8 seconds and get easily distracted by tons of emails and their smartphones.
- To get the attention you need to practice ‘deep brevity’ — keeping it brief, clear and smart.
- Avoid seven capital sins like bringing confusion, complication or carelessness.
- In order to communicate well: outline your plan, tell your story, involve others in conversation and use visuals.
Find more summaries like this on revolver.fyi.