30+ Eye-Opening Blockchain Statistics In 2022
Seeking the most complete blockchain statistics in 2022? This blog post from Rikkei Finance will be helpful. With these insights, you can easily analyze the crypto-verse in 2022 to predict its possible future.
Top Blockchain Statistics in 2022
- Currently, there are over 170 million blockchain wallets worldwide. By July 2022, there were over 83 million users of bitcoin block explorer wallets on blockchain.com.
- 10% of the global population are cryptocurrency owners. 16% of Americans have made cryptocurrency investments.
- Financial organizations can save up to $12 billion annually by utilizing blockchain technology.
- By transferring securities on blockchains, global trading processing costs might be reduced by $17 billion to $24 billion a year.
- By 2022 and 2024, the total amount spent on blockchain solutions will be $11.7 billion and $19 billion, respectively.
- As of July 2022, there are roughly 199,000 Bitcoin transactions made in a single day.
- By 2029, the worth of the blockchain industry is expected to reach $163.83 billion, with a compound annual growth rate of 56.3%. By 2030, blockchain technology is expected to raise the global GDP by $1.76 trillion.
- As per a survey by CNBC and Acorn, 16% of men and 7% of women invest in blockchain technology. 36% of blockchain users have a yearly salary of at least $100,000. Furthermore, Gen Z and Millennials make up the majority of blockchain users.
- Web3 startups received 57% of the blockchain funding. More precisely $3.7 billion of the $6.5 billion total.
- In a survey conducted by Deloitte, 86% of respondents said they thought blockchain technology may help us move toward touchless business processes.
- 91% of respondents to the same study predicted that their blockchain investments would yield a quantitative, verifiable return within the next five years.
- 60% of CIOs from various industries are about to build out their infrastructure to support blockchain.
- 53% of C-level executives said they believed blockchain to be an essential part of corporate infrastructure.
- In the food and agriculture sectors, blockchain will be valued $1.48 billion by 2026.
Top DeFi Statistics in 2022
- In 2022, there will likely be 4.8 million DeFi users worldwide. The number of DeFi accounts increased by 660,000 in the first 7 months of 2022.
- In DeFi, Ethereum accounts for 58% of all staked values. Ethereum naturally holds a leadership position because it is the second-largest blockchain and a pioneer in the fields of DeFi and smart contracts. Following Ethereum, BSC and Tron have the greatest TVL, with BSC owning 9.86% and Tron holding 9.68% respectively.
- DeFi’s growth in Q3 2022 was 31% higher than in Q2 2022. With a staggering 271% gain in market value from Q2 to Q3, liquid staking grew the fastest in the DeFi industry this quarter.
- In the previous 12 months, trading on DEXs totaled $952 billion. In Q3 2022, the market valuation of DEXs rose by 36.8%, while the DEXs’ market valuation increased to $10.9 billion. Also, lending increased by 16.7% to $3.86 billion.
- India had the greatest DeFi value of any country, and between July 2021 and June 2022, India benefited the most from DeFi. The second-highest value obtained through DeFi protocols is from Lebanon.
- The US is ranked second in the world by retail DeFi value achieved. DeFi statistics show that North America participates in crypto transactions more frequently than any other region. Western Europe is ranked second with 31%, demonstrating that investing and speculating are more common in economies with greater purchasing power.
- The UK is the most significant DeFi player in Europe because it is the region with the world’s largest crypto economy. Both NFT and DeFi lending websites receive roughly 20% of the region’s total web traffic from the nation.
- The total value of cryptocurrency assets locked in DeFi as of November 17, 2022, is $40.1 billion, according to research from DappRadar.
- By November 17, 2022, $2.56 billion was the average daily trading volume across all DEXs.
Top NFT Statistics in 2022
- In the first quarter of 2022, there were 7,447,473 NFT sales overall.
- 76% of the NFT trade volume in Q1 of 2022 was generated in the collectibles segment.
- Between June and July 2022, NFT’s daily sales varied between 21,800 and 61,353.
- NFT’s weekly sales volume increased from 100 sales in 2017 to 15,000 or perhaps.
- 2.7 million unique NFTs are stored in 32,400 different wallets.
- Ages 25 to 34 make up the majority of users on all NFT platforms, closely followed by 18 to 24 year olds.
- Singaporeans search for NFTs on average 197.4 times for every 100,000 people each month, more than any other nation in the globe.
- With over 2 million searches each month on average in 2022, Doodles becomes the most popular NFT game.
- By 2027, the size of the global NFT market is expected to have increased from USD 3.0 billion in 2022 to USD 13.6 billion, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 35.0%.
With these blockchain statistics in 2022, it is reasonable to assume that it will take years for the blockchain industry to fully develop. However, in the coming years, it is still believed that the sector, which is gradually expanding, will bring in billions of dollars.
For more information, join our Discord community: https://discord.gg/GM3U44e6PG
Disclaimer: The information herein is for educational purposes only and should not be considered financial, investment, or trading advice. Please conduct your own research and due diligence before making investment decisions. You understand that you are using the Information provided at your own risk.