Published in


What is Rio DeFi?

Rio DeFi is a Blockchain technology company.

Our Mission: To accelerate the mass adoption of digital assets by bridging traditional and decentralized finance.

We develop solutions that connect businesses, financial and banking institutions with distributed ledger systems. Our core technology is a next generation Blockchain infrastructure called Rio Chain. Applications built on Rio Chain enable lower transaction fees, faster confirmations, more efficiency, and global reach.

The world’s financial system needs upgrading. In the Age of Globalization, money transfers still rely on an outdated legacy system. Payment solutions and financial services require numerous intermediaries and are often siloed.

More than one third of the world’s population is still unbanked and as such cannot partake in the global economy. Every year, migrant workers around the world spend over $38 Billion on transaction fees and currency conversion fees to send payments back to their families; total fees average around 7% of the payment amount. These high fees have a large impact on poverty and growth rates in developing countries.

This is the scope of the challenges that Rio DeFi aims at tackling.

Our Vision: A world in which everyone has access to decentralized financial (DeFi) services.

Ten years ago Bitcoin emerged as an alternative global financial system. Its value proposition is fairly simple: instead of the traditional reliance on centralized banks and third-parties, Bitcoin provides a decentralized, open, and peer-to-peer payment system based on a distributed ledger technology commonly referred to as blockchain.

Over the last decade multiple Blockchain based cryptocurrencies have populated the Bitcoin ecosystem with innovative financial tools and services provided in a decentralized manner and led to the emergence of Decentralized Finance (DeFi).

DeFi’s main value proposition is that of an open financial ecosystem where anyone can store, trade, and invest their assets in a secure and distributed manner to earn a much higher return than from the traditional financial system. To that end, we develop applications that connect people to digital assets, mobile payments, and DeFi services such as savings and lending.

At Rio DeFi, we believe that certain technologies and financial instruments need to be created in order for DeFi to reach mass adoption. The current cryptocurrency market involves less than 1% of the global available market. Rio DeFi will help bring the other 99% of the world into cryptocurrencies by providing software solutions that are scalable, interoperable, and upgradable. To achieve these objectives, Rio DeFi will also rely on extensive partnerships with trusted financial institutions that can provide the traditional services that people have come to rely on: secure storage, audited processes, good customer service, account recovery options, and excellent liquidity of funds.

Introducing the Rio DeFi Ecosystem.

Rio DeFi is building a new financial system enabled by Blockchain technology and smart contracts.

The current limitations of distributed ledger technologies are well known: poor speed, lack of user friendliness, incompatibility with existing systems. These shortcomings are mostly the result of a misalignment between existing platforms’ philosophies and traditional industries’ requirements.

Rio DeFi aims at redefining the key performance indicator framework of Blockchain technology by prioritizing adoption, performance, and ease of use. This is achieved through various components of the Rio DeFi technology stack:

  • Rio Chain’s economic model breaks away from traditional blockchains by directly incentivizing applications and users that contribute to growing its ecosystem.
  • Rio Wallet integrates a wide variety of digital assets addresses into one public ID.
  • Rio Auth is a breakthrough authentication system that allows users to access their digital wallets via their email or social media logins.

We believe that these types of solutions will spur the adoption of Blockchain based products and services, leading to a more inclusive, efficient, and secure financial system.

We look forward to sharing this journey with you.

Rio DeFi is a blockchain technology company with a mission to accelerate the mass adoption of digital assets by bridging traditional and decentralized finance. At the heart of the Rio DeFi ecosystem is Rio Chain, a powerful digital infrastructure tailored for mass adoption. We prioritized security, speed, scalability, and interoperability; and operate across blockchains to leverage the strengths of each.

To learn more about Rio DeFi, visit and follow us on Telegram.



Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store