A platform for creative people to network and collaborate — UX Design Case Study
To design a platform which will provide an end to end solution for people to meet, collaborate and make things.
Studying Existing Products
I looked into platforms such as People Per Hour, Freelancer, 99 designs, which provided a platform which helped professionals connect.
These platforms are majorly online job boards, where people would come and post a job they wanted someone to join in, and interested people would join.
Other collaboration platforms such as Invision and Slack were also analyzed.
Invision is a collaboration platform focused on UX/UI Designers. It helps bridge the gap between Designers, Developers, and other stakeholders.
Slack is a collaboration platform which helps teams be in contact with each other with an all in one messaging platform.
Some of the things which stood out during the interviews included the fact that when people start working on a project, sometimes people would leave halfway through leaving the rest of the team in complete disarray. This issue would eventually lead to much loss of time and money.
- It takes much time to find the right people to work with.
- People are not committing to the whole project.
- Using different platforms when they work on the project.
- They like working with people referred to them.
- People like to have more information on who is joining them
- It is generally easy to find people, but harder to find the right person.