Social links I thought were interesting
Hi all, I am trying to write a bit more and make it a habit. I thought I’d start easy with something I already do — a list of social links I found interesting over the last week with a little commentary of my own.
So here goes, some of these are a bit older because I was away for two weeks so do forgive me. Without further ado:
- YouTube is seeing a slowdown, of sorts as companies see better content discovery on Facebook and Snapchat > http://on.wsj.com/2agEzYf > But with any slowdown, comes opportunity. YouTube is still the second biggest search engine after it’s parent, Google.
- Europe, it’s the topic of 2016. Everyone loves a bit of Europe. Here are some big trends on social content across Europe > http://bit.ly/2aJNzDH > Mobile video, exclusive first looks, branded series and influencer marketing are the key take outs, it’s like 2009 all over again, ahh 2009 glory days.
- Facebook Live is what Facebook want us all to use but it’s constantly changing, here are some new features > http://bit.ly/2awrXxU
- Influencers, biggest racket in social going right now, Twitter have signed up 17 top food influencers to post exclusive content on Twitter (instead of Instagram, the true home of #foodporn) https://twitter.com/TwitterAds/status/756173568329650176
- On Twitter, it has had a less than good set of financials, can Google just buy it already and make it a non-profit and be done with it please? > http://cnb.cx/2atONVK
- On Twitter again, they continue to invest in sports highlights, this time with Sky Sports — it will show exclusive PL highlights in real time ish: http://bit.ly/2alSdu4
- FIFA 17 announced the new cover on Snapchat: http://bit.ly/2awsHD8 > The Snapchat hype is real, I believe.
- Nice House of Cards reactive content, taking CNN’s video and copying it but with a House of Cards slant: https://twitter.com/HouseofCards/status/758059209053405184
Oh and finally, is it too soon? Some excellent cosplay here on Game of Thrones at comic-con (I think?). See you same time, same place, next week.