Five Ingredients of RDV Teams
Rough Draft Ventures is a student team backing the best university entrepreneurs at the earliest stage. Powered by General Catalyst, RDV provides up to $25k for student-led teams. Our portfolio companies have gone on to collectively raise $150M in follow on funding, have been featured on Shark Tank, surpassed bold Kickstarter goals, received awards and recognition from Forbes, Apple, or Code for America. We have companies across Boston, New York, San Francisco, (and places in between!), and providing our portfolio with support through our founder network, access to mentors, resources, and events.
If you’re a student who is creating a technology or product to solve a particular problem that you’ve encountered, we want to help you build your company. Our teams embody a set of characteristics that we find most promising for building a world-changing business:
- Intellectually curious, thoughtful, tireless motivation, strong vision, and solid technical ability.
- University affiliation of at least one founder: this includes current graduate students, a recent dropout, and recent grads (up to 6 months).
- Teams that are building a product or technology that addresses a particular need in the market. In other words, something people will want and will use.
- A vision that resonates with our team and that we believe will resonate with future users.
- Ability and eagerness to become an active participant in our RDV community of companies, student team members, and alumni.
If you identify with these characteristics, don’t hesitate to drop us a line!