Runner’s Life Submission Requirements
Runner’s Life is a publication for those who love all things running. It is about sharing advice and stories from the intersection of running and life.
Whether you have tips to share, stories to tell, or want to talk about how running has impacted your life, we want to hear from you. As long as it’s running related, we are happy to add you as a writer.
Do you want to write for Runner’s Life? Read below to find out how.
By submitting work to Runner’s Life, you agree to all the following conditions:
- We highly prefer unpublished drafts.
- However, we do accept previously published pieces on a case by case basis. If we do accept a previously published article, it will show up in the timeline based on the original publish date, not the date it was added to the Runner’s Life publication. You must import the story from your site or wherever it was written by following these instructions.
- Submissions must be properly tagged with at least one of the following: Running, Life Lessons, Inspiration, Motivation, or Running Tips. Other tags can be added at your discretion, but one of the above must be included.
- Submissions may be edited for spelling, grammar and format. I do edit pieces regularly to align with the “style” on Medium as well as making it easier to read. We will never change the message of your content. If we have comments, we will send you a private note.
- Submissions must be made through Medium. For more information on the process, please read here.
- All submissions must include a featured image with proper attribution. The easiest site to use is Unsplash. Other sites include Pixabay and Pexels.
- We reserve the right to add imagery, ads or information to the end of your submission. If what we add is removed after publication, we reserve the right to remove the work immediately.
- Once a story has been published in Runner’s Life, we expect it to remain there. If a story is removed without prior notice, we reserve the right to remove you as a writer. If you want to remove the piece, please ask first. It’s your work so we don’t want to hold it hostage, but we would want to know the reason behind removing it.
- We will publish only one piece per writer per day.
- We will accept only one submission per writer per day.
- I review submissions promptly, but there are no guarantees when your work will be published. Please allow up to 48 hours. If you have an intended publication date and time, please let me know via email and I will schedule at the time requested. You can also schedule it prior to submitting to Runner’s Life.
- If we add you as a writer and you don’t submit a draft in the first two weeks, we reserve the right to remove you as a writer.
- Not all submissions may be accepted. If a submission is rejected, Medium will notify you if we didn’t accept the submission.
- You can now choose to lock articles written in publications and earn money for those articles based on engagement from members. Before submitting to Runner’s Life, you have the option of locking your article for members. All money earned will go to the author. Please see here for the FAQ.
Request to Write for Runner’s Life
We are an open community looking for all writers who want to publish strong, meaningful work regularly. Once you fill out the form, you will be added as a writer.
Again, though, not all submissions may be accepted. We carefully review each submission to make sure it meets the standards we are looking for in the publication.
If you ever want to leave the publication, feel free. Please let me know why you are leaving if you want as I am always open to getting better and improving the publication. Feedback is always welcomed. However, it is not required.
If you want to write for Runner’s Life, click here or fill out the form below:
No, I don’t give you permission to add my email to your list.