SaaStock18 is not long now. The Global Gathering of SaaS leaders in Dublin from October 15th to 17th is in its 3rd year. We are expecting 3000 Founders, their exec teams and around 400 SaaS VCs for this three day SaaS summit of learning, matchmaking, fundraising and partying.
With three years under our belt of running SaaStock and SaaStock on Tours, we have a ton of learnings to help us shape the 2018 agenda into what we hope will be the best yet for you, our audience. With that, I am pleased to announce the release of the SaaStock18 agenda.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, they say. Which is why this year’s agenda is built around the same structure we had last year.
On Day One we will run a series of workshops and bootcamps in the daytime and take over Dublin’s favourite watering holes for pub crawls and parties across the city in the evening. As we have labelled it since year one, we attempt to recreate an SXSW for SaaS. SaaS.City is kicking off SaaStock18 on October 15th.
Following, we will have two epic days of content on the 16th and 17th, back where we always have been — the RDS. A 100 speakers will be delivering SaaS growth knowledge bombs on three stages. You will recognise some of the spaces, while others will be entirely new, accommodating the large size of this year’s conference.
When you are not listening to the content, you will be able to browse the biggest SaaS expo in Europe or have investor meetings with over 400 SaaS VCs at our investor zone. They will all be hungrily looking to invest in the next Intercom or Pipedrive.
Add to that, evenings filled with curated dinners, parties every night, bonus conferences, all set in the backdrop of magical Dublin City, and you have the SaaStock Experience. For a third time in a row.
Let’s dive deeper into the details of this years agenda sessions:
This year we are bringing even more bootcamps as we have learned they are some of the most valuable parts for attendees. The only difference this year is that to attend SaaS.City, you need to purchase a 3-day ticket, vs a 2-day ticket. Once you do, you will be prompted to select, which bootcamps or workshops you want to go to.
SaaS.City gives you the opportunity to have a deep dive with a roster of incredible founders and executives who will teach you some of their most valuable traits and show you how to implement them in your business. We chose very specific disciplines and areas of interest to your business.
- A 5 hours Sales Bootcamp with the EMEA Sales Director of Intercom, Stan Masseuras, Steli Efti of Close.io & Norman Happ SVP Sales at Evernote.
- A Growth Marketing Bootcamp with Eric Siu who will tell you how to reach 10K visits per blog post a month, April Dunford, who will turn your understanding of positioning 180 degrees and help you find where your product belongs, Kieran Flanagan of HubSpot who will lead you through product-driven growth and David Gerhardt who will help you hypergrow the Drift way.
- A CEO Bootcamp for founders wanting to learn how to be better leaders, led by Matthew Bellows CEO of Yesware, Mark Organ CEO of Influitive and Carry Osman of Cruxy & Co.
- A Growth workshop led by the two incredible Canadian entrepreneurs: Dan Martell who has 5 companies, 3 exits and 39 angel investments, including Intercom, behind his back and Michael Litt, CEO of Vidyard, who has grown the video platform to over 200 employees, and has preserved the core values of the company, while accommodating it to fit all demographics.
These are just half of the bootcamps on offer. Check out the rest here.
The main show
Then on the 16th and 17th October, doors will open at 8 am at the RDS in Dublin for the third annual SaaStock conference. Similarly to last year, the conference will run on three stages simultaneously, all loosely connected to the three main stages a SaaS company undergoes:
Scale, featuring companies that have passed the $100M ARR threshold
Growth, featuring the founders climbing the $1 to $10 million ARR ladder
Traction/Rocket Fuel, featuring the early-stage stories addressing the fundamentals of having a great start.
Opening the show on Scale, where the significant successes describe their journeys in detail, will be Christoph Janz, Managing Partner of Point9 in a fireside chat with Morten Primdahl, Co-founder of Zendesk. Morten’s story, just like those of the other speakers on that stage, may intimidate on the surface but are in fact weaved with the trials and tribulations that these incredibly successful people undergo. Their talks are just as actionable and provide critical advice so you too could jump on the path to scale. Highlights include:
- David Skok — Get inside your buyers head to increase funnel conversion rates
- David Gerhardt — Why building a brand is the single best investment you can make if you are serious about growing your business
- Laurel Bowden & Bastian Nominacher — From University project to a $B company — HyperScaling a European Software company.
- Adam Marcus — The future of SaaS is product led. Are you ready?
For two years, our Growth stage has been standing room only from start to finish. Here we feature some of the most exciting up and coming founders and execs in the SaaS industry, who dive deep into how they have leapt from $1 to $10 Million ARR. Their sales engines, the inbound strategies they have implemented, their hiring processes, the growth mindsets they have nurtured and sustained, all the way to the minutia tactics they have applied that have moved the needle are all on display.
- Nathan Latka will interview Adrien Menard with a live version of The Top podcast
- Ty Magnin — Product-led Growth: The Secret to Scaling like Slack, Canva, and Typeform
- Bridget Harris — The evolution of our customer relationships — how we acquired, nurtured and grew our customer base to 15,000 with no marketing, sales or funding
- Boaz Arbel — Lessons learned from the Cockpit that can be applied to the Sales<>Customer Success relationship
Traction Stage content kicks off at 11 am and will offer the thoughts, lessons and tactics from first and second-time entrepreneurs, and early-stage investors that will share the stories not often told at ‘bigger is better’ conferences. Expect to hear:
- How one founder grew his SaaS from 0–10K MRR while keeping his full-time job
- A story of exploring selling SaaS in Japan
- How it took one founder four years to get any revenue for his SaaS, but he never gave up
On the second day, the Traction stage will turn into Rocket Fuel, literally, and we will zoom on what is one of the most challenging parts for early-stage founders: funding. Rocket Fuel will focus on SaaS companies looking to go for seed or series A funding, starting on their venture-backed journey. We will talk pitch decks, financial plans, metrics and all else that gets investors excited. Expect to hear from the best Seed and Series A VCs from across the globe including Notion, Draper Esprit, Point Nine Capital, Dawn Capital and more.
Keynotes, keynotes, keynotes, tactics, tactics, tactics
After every event, we survey our attendees to gather feedback to help us improve. On the content side, every survey response has told us the same thing: our attendees love the keynotes at SaaStock. They are always the sessions that get 9.0–9.5 out of 10, with the panels and firesides scoring well but never reaching the lofty heights of a keynote. In part, we put this down to the preparation and thought put into the keynotes. The specificity and the ease for the audience to get clear takeaways. Afterall, SaaS is the most self-reflective corner of the tech space, and we gather speakers who are truly self-aware.
While it’s always a challenge to accommodate 100+ speakers and ‘more panels’ would be the easy solution, we’ve gone with ‘more keynotes’ this year. In fact, we have 55 keynotes at current count. We are working with each keynote speaker to ensure this year’s content delivers nothing but actionable, practical lessons for you to apply to your SaaS business to help take it to the next level.
Take a peek at some of the keynotes here.
The SaaStock experience
Once the stage lights go off, the SaaStock experience does not end. On the contrary, you can argue that it’s then it truly begins — in the conversations sparked from the epiphanies that arose during the talks. In there lays the realisation that everyone is addressing similar challenges, and it’s more productive and fun in the company of others. Whether it’s during the coffee breaks or the Pub Crawls, welcome parties, dinners, meetups, private events, tours of Dublin, mini-conferences led by VCs, the opportunities for connection and fun abound. All set in the beautiful city of Dublin, where you can be sure you will never have a dull moment, the SaaStock experience will never disappoint.
Bonus — SaaSociety
For founders who have raised series A+ funding or are banking $3M ARR+, we are running a 36 hour SaaS Founder retreat at this year’s SaaStock. We’ll be whisking off 60 Founders to a 5* Luxury resort to exchange stories and lessons learnt on the journey, while tasting Ireland’s finest whiskeys, enjoying activities such as golf lessons with a pro, clay pigeon shooting, fishing and more. After a few days of meetings at SaaStock18, you’ll leave SaaSociety refreshed, with great memories and new friends at the same stage of the journey.
See you in Dublin
You could say that this agenda has taken three years to build. It has taken thousands of conversations and feedback from our audience to make SaaStock the best conference it can be, so we can deliver you the most relevant lessons to apply to your businesses and connect with like-minded people. Adding its unique user experience that we work hard to create for you, SaaStock becomes a great reason to leave the desk and the grind for a few days and join your SaaS peers in Dublin.
The date is set, the agenda is set, we can’t wait to meet you in Dublin so you can turn your SaaS up to eleven! Browse through the agenda and then be sure to grab your ticket before prices increase on August 3rd.