Smart Security Scanner — Enabling Multi-layered Secure Azure Cloud Platform
- As of today, not less than 70% of the world’s businesses operated fully or partially on the cloud.
- While these businesses are being attracted by lower costs, flexibility, increased collaboration and the freedom cloud offers, these benefits also come with a fair share of security risks. This is why not less than 90% of businesses that utilize the cloud are now more concerned than ever on public cloud security.
- Hence security of the cloud platform is very important in order to avoid any data leakage and to be GDPR complaint.
Why Smart Security Scanner ?
Introduction to Smart Security Scanner
- Smart Security Scanner is an automated tool which will automatically scan and report different layers of securities :Storage, Compute ,Resource , Network and Resource compliance.
- Features of Smart Security Scanner :
— Robust implementation eliminates manual intervention and more control with respect to Security , Audit and GDPR compliance.
— Security compliance of the various resource groups will be reported and logged at a central place in the form of visualized dashboards.
How does it work ?
— Smart Security Scanner is implemented using Azure Devops Continuous Deployment Release pipelines.
— Release pipeline contains tasks to perform security scanning at different layers like resource, storage and networks.
— Release pipeline is scheduled to run daily at a specified time as mentioned in the below screen shot.
— Smart Security Scanner pipeline shows compliance/non-compliance result as shown below.
— Download release pipeline json from the above Github repo.
— Import the json file in the Azure Devops release pipeline.
— Schedule pipeline to run it every day/week based on your convenience.
Now, Smart Security Scanner Tool is ready to use :)
Feel free to share your feedback about this tool and any suggestion for future improvements.