Definition: A permission set is a collection of settings and permissions that give users access to various tools and functions. Permission sets extend users’ functional access without changing their profiles.
- Create Permission Sets
- Setup > Permission Sets > New
- Permission sets with no license selected don’t included all possible permissions and settings.
- Assign a permission set with no license only to users whose user licenses allow the permissions and settings that you are enabling in the permission set.
- Assign Permission Sets to a Single User
- Setup > Users > Edit Assignments > Add / Remove > Save
- You can perform this and other administration tasks from the SalesforceA mobile app.
- Standard Permission Sets
- A standard permission set consists of a group of common permissions for a particular feature associated with a permission set license.
- Session-based Permission Sets
- Create session-based permission sets that allow access only during specified sessions.
- To activate session-based permission sets, see the SessionPermSetActivation object in the SOAP API Developer Guide. You’ll need the “Manage Session Permission Set Activation” permission.
- Permission Set Considerations
- A new permission set starts with no user license selected and no permissions enabled.
- Some user license restrict the number of custom apps or tabs that a user can access.
- Unlike profiles, you can’t assign a default app in permission sets.
- When you create a permission set using a specific permission set license, users assigned to the permission set receive all functionality associated with the permission set license.
- Triggers always fire on trigger events, regardless of permission settings.