Every week we curate a list of the most interesting sales content from around the web. Follow Salespresso and never miss a sales beat again.
Here are our recommendations for this week:
- How do you predict which of your sales conversation will convert into a deal? Is it largely guesswork and intuition? Chris Orolb of Gong.io reveals that his company turned 257,967 B2B sales call recordings into data, analyzed them and found data-driven patterns of winning sales conversations in “6 Elements of Winning Sales Conversations”
- Do you simply cross your fingers and hope that every rep is maximizing each deal? Then it is time you dig deeper into your sales data to find how you can reduce cognitive strain and better optimize your reps’ time by re-routing leads. But how do you do that? By analyzing revenue per lead says Nick Frost of Mattermark. Read his insightful article “Revenue Per Lead: What You Need to Know About The Magic of Lead Segmentation” to know all about revenue per lead.
- You can’t manage what you don’t measure. So metrics are important in every aspect of business, and they’re especially critical in sales. That’s why successful companies obsessively measure everything about their go-to-market model, sales strategy, and salespeople. Hubspot has compiled “The Ultimate Guide to Sales Metrics: What to Track, How to Track It, & Why” to help you find the numbers you need to be paying attention to.
- Are you a sales rep who immediately breaks down prospect resistance by creating a great first impression? or Are you a sales rep who repels your buyers and making them think, “It’s a salesperson, how do I get them off the phone?” If you belong to the latter then learn these three tactics listed by Colleen Francis of Engage Selling Solutions in her article “3 Ways Top Sellers Break Through Resistance” to break down prospect resistance.
- The best sales professionals recognize that in the world of inside sales, you need to establish rapport and gain the trust of your prospects in order to close. But how do you do this? Ramin Assemi of Close.io shares popular methods on how do this exactly in his article “3 surprisingly easy inside sales methods used by the pros”
- Launching your product and generating revenue for the first time is always scary. The first time you put your pricing model up against a customer for the first time, anything can happen. Is it too much? Too little? There can be lot of other questions that can seem paralyzing for early stage teams. Eric Friedman of Expa Labs reveals strategies that early stage team should adapt to become successful in his article “Go-to-Market Sales Strategies for Early Stage Startups”
- Looking for more growth for your SaaS Company? Read our article “5 Tactics Backed By Psychology to Grow Your SaaS Business” to learn how companies like Kissmetrics, ConvertKit, Groove, SumoMe and others used these tactics to grow their SaaS business.