Welcome to the world of email marketing campaigns!
There are almost 4 billion email users, so if you are looking at how to connect, nurture and keep your customers, sending an email is the perfect way to reach out to them.
So, where to start?
The next step is to identify and understand your tribe of ideal customers (buyer personas) for your campaign.
- Why will this person be interested in your product/service?
- What needs or desires will your product/service fulfill?
- What problem, pain, or obstacle they are experiencing that your product or service can address?
- What are the benefits if they purchase your product or service?
- What negative consequences will they experience if they don’t purchase your product or service?
At this point, you are probably wondering how to attract prospects to your email database?
Proper filtering is the first step. You can either do it manually by yourself, or you can use a software to do the work for you.
The rule here is — write the way you talk.
When writing a subject — use clear, actionable, and personalized message, in accordance with the email body.
Before you click SEND, have in mind that recent studies show that Tuesday at 11 AM ET is the best day and time for sending email campaigns.
- Avoiding using spam trigger words (e.g.”opt-in”, “click below”, and “order”) or using all caps and multiple exclamation points.
- Ask your new subscribers to add your email address to their address book (include directions on how to do this in your welcome email).
- Stick to established and well-known email provider companies.
- Deliverability measures: The rate at which emails reach your intended subscribers’ inboxes.
- Open rate: The percentage of people that open your email once it reaches their inbox.
- Clickthrough rate (CTR): The percentage of people that click on your Call-To-Action buttons in the email.
- Unsubscribes: The number of people who opt out of your email list once they receive an email from you.
- Was your deliverability rate higher in comparison to your previous campaign?
- How did your CTR compare to your open rate?
- Were your unsubscribe numbers consistent with other emails?
- Could you try another style of CTA that you think it will perform better?
Get this Complete Email Marketing Campaign Guide for free, and discover a framework for running more impactful, measurable marketing campaigns by learning how to plan, create, execute, and analyze them.
Originally published at https://blog.sales.rocks on July 9, 2019.