WE’RE HIRING! VC Associate Position at Samaipata Ventures in Madrid
For direct access to the application form, click here.
What is Samaipata Ventures? 🌵
We are a Madrid-based Venture Capital firm that specialises in seed-stage Southern European marketplaces. We’re currently operating a €30 million fund, setting a strong start for a series of future funds.
Samaipata Ventures is a founder fund, led by José del Barrio, the founder and former CEO of La Nevera Roja, until its sale to Rocket Internet in 2015. We aim at becoming a reference VC firm for seed-stage Southern European marketplaces by taking them to Series A and B with our hand-on approach and brining on top tier investors.
In just 18 months since we got started, we’ve analysed over 4o00 startups across Europe, and invested in 8 companies thus far. Here are some recent updates from some of our portfolio companies:
- Ontruck, a Madrid-based on-demand logistics platform, recently closed a €10M Series A led by Atomico and Idinvest.
- 21Buttons, a Barcelona-based social fashion app, has already raised €4 million in its first year of operations.
- CornerJob is fresh off a $19M Series C round! Co-investors include Randstad and Northzone.
What are we looking for?
In a nutshell: we are looking for a brilliant, proactive and autonomous individual who is up for an extremely intellectually challenging experience. Someone who combines outstanding problem-solving skills with a love for visiting garages, attending events or having coffees with a wide-range of entrepreneurs from all over the world. We are looking for someone with strong pattern recognition skills and willing to find the next Amazon!
Up for the challenge? Here’s what we require:
- 2 years of professional experience in the startup/venture capital world, plus a few years of relevant experience in an analytical position (e.g. engineering, strategic consulting, M&A, etc.)
- Outstanding academic background
- A technology freak who is passionate about the global startup scene.
- You’ve done exceptional things.
- Strong analytical skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Capable to assist in building internal tools and frameworks for analysis i.a. our cohort template, DNVB/start-up business plan, or framework for marketplaces.
- An outgoing and hardworking personality: be ready to integrate in our team from the very start, and to roll up your sleeves on a daily basis 💪
- Excellent in English (both oral and written). Other languages always are appreciated! (especially Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese).
What we offer:
- A full-time position in cool offices in the heart of Madrid, next to the beloved Retiro Park (an excellent spot to go for a quick run and cool off in our in-office shower facilities)
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly talented and friendly team, who will make you feel at home from day 1.
- A chance to (further) discover the world of venture capital in a horizontal, and dynamic workspace. (our office isn’t just a workspace, it’s an open place for founders and a spot to foster innovation)
- Incredible international exposure: you will get the opportunity to travel, attend startup events, and meet with some of Europe’s most disruptive entrepreneurs.
- We regularly organise workshops and events on interesting subjects both within and beyond the VC or startup world!
We pride ourselves at being a data-driven firm, with a start-up culture and try to maintain a certain standard for the market intelligence and insights we share. We regularly post tools, like our media-for-equity scorecard, and insights like our article on node saturation. Be sure to check out our blog for more posts like these.
“Be Decent. Think as Entrepreneurs. Play Hard. Go Beyond.”