Upgrading to an iMac and Creative Cloud
Microsoft Windows 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 6 will both soon be dead in early 2020
Since Windows 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 6 are deader than three doornails (and officially ends in early 2020), there are plans to permanently escape from Windows PCs: upgrading to a refurbished iMac. Many people (myself included) often avoided upgrading to Windows 10 because it can spy on everyone. If you still own a PC, you will be required to install an antivirus program to shield yourself against rogue or fake websites.
Every Windows product has a lifecycle, as they only last up to 5–7 years depending on the date you purchased your PC as Windows XP already ended four years ago and Windows Vista has ended 18 months ago. There will not be any plans on switching to Linux or Ubuntu because many websites may not work on Linux or Ubuntu because of the horrible font rendering.
Why you should avoid switching (back) to Windows: The “actual” opinions
I am not debating on Mac vs PC. There are reasons why you should avoid switching to Windows:
- As stated earlier, PCs do not last long as every Windows OS has an expiration date, which means you have to purchase a new PC every 5–7 years when your operating system reaches its expiration date.
- Microsoft’s harsh decision of banning foul language on the services they owned or acquired (such as Skype and Xbox Live) will cause the user to have their Microsoft account either suspended or banned. If you go into the Redmond world, be prepared for BSODs, viruses, ransomware, fake websites, expiration dates of extended support, and trojan horses unless you have an anti-virus program installed. I had a few BSODs on previous laptops I owned in the past and also a licensing scam on my XP since I do not have an antivirus program on my XP, as my CD-ROM drive is not working.
- Automatic Windows Updates have created a unanimously hostile environment for many users in the middle of their work or gaming, as you will have to restart your PC after updating.
- Different computer shops have different prices, and you’ll need to find one with a good reputation too if your computer breaks.
Microsoft is unfortunately not eco-friendly and they do not come with beautiful displays. If you still have a custom-built PC for gaming, it will most likely to fail if it has been running 24/7. Apple does not have its own lifecycle fact sheet, as their products can last longer than Windows.
But the webcomic, graphic design, illustration, anime/manga, and the American and Canadian comic book industries are changing; Adobe is encouraging everyone to join Creative Cloud as it is now the only option for purchasing Adobe creative software, Celsys is encouraging everyone to upgrade from Manga Studio/Clip Studio Paint Pro to Clip Studio Paint EX, and the consistent schedule for online social media (Tapas, Twitter, Facebook, Line Webtoon, Ello and YouTube) have all bought laziness to a permanent end since everyone has a Patreon and Ko-fi these days as they want to invest in high-quality software and move out of their parents’ home. The care management facilities, they must be said, have been particularly zealous in their efforts to provide classes and/or find jobs in the corporate area for anyone 18 and older who often refuse to leave the house as they are still living with their parents, especially for the individuals who often refused behavior modification, fearing that the video games they are currently playing (on the Easy difficulty, or 50cc in Mario Kart) will face permanent cancellation or damages. The netizens wanted everyone to talk to people online, provide quality work, be consistent and be friendly.
What’s also changing is the fonts; there are plans to purchase pay fonts (in the case of Nate Piekos of Blambot, he calls this term as pro fonts) to replace some of the free fonts to curb the overuse of free fonts. Free calendars, which often has the addresses of local businesses and boring images will be permanently retired, for fear of violating others’ privacy on the internet, including the addresses of the local businesses where they work at as I would rather purchase calendars instead. I do not use free alternatives such as GIMP or Krita, because the days of free alternatives will soon come to a permanent end.
Book 3 of Red’s Planet by Eddie Pittman was announced but it was later canned as Mr. Pittman reverted his Patreon account to patron-only for unknown reasons. I do have screenshots of older PC and video games that I’ve played in the past, but PC gaming will soon come to a permanent end.
If I get an iMac, there’s Mac-exclusive software and fonts, as I will be installing the essentials:
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, InDesign CC (not yet installed/subscribed)
- Dropbox (installed on iMac)
- Clip Studio Paint EX (upgraded/installed on iMac)
- XP-Pen Artist Display 15.6 Pro (will be ordered via Amazon)
- LastPass (installed on iMac Chrome)
- Google Chrome (installed on iMac)
- Firefox (installed on iMac)
- OBS Studio (installed on iMac)
- Davinci Resolve (installed on Mac; replaced Sony Vegas Movie Studio Pro)
- Discord (installed on iMac)
These essentials will not be needed anymore:
- Mojang (Minecraft)
- EA Origin
Say goodbye to PC gaming
Windows don’t have that many features as Mac does, such as the following:
- Changing the languages without having to restart your iMac (in Windows, you will have to restart your computer after changing the language)
- Retina displays (Apple trademarked that term)
- Holding a letter key to access accented letters, including pressing the Control-Command-Spacebar to open Character Viewer (in Windows, you will have to hold the ALT key and then the numpad keys, and some fonts that use OpenType autoligatures requires OpenType-aware software)
- Tighter security without having to install any antivirus software (you still need to avoid fake websites)
- Cleaner GUI
It’s always sad when Windows OS reaches its expiration date, and in this case if they want to avoid the care management facilities as they are requesting them to take classes or find jobs, are forced to use behavior modification and prove that they can do stuff on their own. It’s sad, but I can at least retire knowing that retro gaming and computing are alive and well. Samurai Fox Studio will eventually exclusively use an iMac as I will soon be Windows-free.
Not only that, but newer computers like the iMac, will not have optical drives anymore. And lastly, Microsoft isn’t plain dead, they are most likely to fail as there will not be a Windows 11 when Windows 10 reaches its expiration date — which would mean the end of Microsoft Windows.