The Sandbox Alpha Season 2
More experiences, improved Play&Earn, more Alpha Passes — and every experience is open to all players on PC and Mac!
Welcome back to The Sandbox Alpha. We’ve been working hard, and a new season is launching on March 3rd at 3PM UTC. Get ready to explore the Metaverse once more!
- Alpha Season 2 has 35+ experiences in total, that are available to everyone with a free TSB account (sign up now if it’s not already done)!
- This includes 18 upgraded experiences originally introduced in Alpha Season 1 + 5 new original experiences + 4 new user-built GameMakerFundexperiences + 3 new IP experiences, and 1brand new transportation HUB.
- You can now access the game on both PC and Mac!
- 200 Quests are available to complete and get a chance to earn the Season 2 Alpha Pass.
- More Alpha Passes available and more ways to earn $SAND
- In short, Season 2 is bigger, better, longer, and open to all players for free! Are you ready? We sure are!
Below, you will find everything you need to know about Alpha Season 2, including how you can join, what it takes to get a Season 2 Alpha Pass, and much more. Keep reading to get up to speed!
What’s New with Alpha Season 2?
The Sandbox Alpha Season 2 will run during the month of March with the grand opening on March 3 at 3PM UTC. During this event, you will have the chance to explore a whopping 35+ experiences. This includes 18 upgraded experiences first seen in Season 1 that will showcase cool redesigns and epic quests for Season 2. To that, we’ve added 5 new original experiences, 4 new Game Maker Fund-supported experiences, 3 new IP experiences, a new transportation HUB — plus some crazy Game Jam experiences.
Furthermore, 100% of the experiences will be open to everyone this time! You read that right, even without a S2 Alpha Pass, you will be able to play all 35+ experiences included in Alpha Season 2.
Blond:ish To Set The Records Straight
Are you ready to party? Blond:ish will be the DJ residing in Club XYZ. Blond:ish created two mixes for you to dance to in Club XYZ. You’ll definitely want to turn the sound on this season and vibe with Blond:ish in the Metaverse.
A Closer Look at the Alpha Season 2 Content
New experiences will be unveiled each weekday during Alpha Season 2. This will give you ongoing fresh content to play for the whole duration of Alpha Season 2.
3 new IP experiences:
- Snoop Dogg’s Foreplay: A sneak peek at the rap legend’s Snoopverse. Snoop is showing his NFT collection, and you’re invited! Well, sort of… Go from nobody to VIP by helping guests and making friends with Doberguards.
- Hong Kong’s Star Ferry Pier: A time-traveling tour of the city’s famous pier brought to life by the South China Morning Post’s historic archives.
- Missing Parts by Celsius Online: A cup of tea at the Veranda, a romantic ride on an adorable Duck Boat, a walk through the flower garden, and making a wish at the fountain! The romantic getaway of your dreams starts here at Etheria in this multiplayer experience!
4 Experiences from the Game Maker Fund:
- Dracula’s Castle: A dark adventure to save a cursed world awaits… Do you have the courage to face the evil Count Dracula and his army of monsters? Will you save the village and bring peace to the land?
- Meta Dungeon: A hack and slash RTFKT adventure. Survive giant bosses in underground dungeons and explore a cybercity to understand what’s going on and who you really are!
- The Funguys Kingdom: A first look into the lives of the Funguys. Challenge your friends in this multiplayer experience and explore 10 biomes to discover the hidden secrets of the mushroom alcove.
- Border Town of Tang Dynasty: A demon’s evil power has spread through a peaceful town in the Tang Dynasty. Soon, it will destroy the rest of the country, unless you save everyone!
More Fun Things To Be Aware Of:
- Blond:ish will be our main act and the DJ residing in Club XYZ experience — she will rock your world. There are two new extended dance tracks from Blond:ish you can get down to in the club.
- Snoop Dogg “Doggy” Avatars will be playable later in the Alpha — their lucky owners can show off some of the sharpest avatars around!
- Rooftop à la Mode: A new Multiplayer fashion-oriented experience. Tired after a long day of NFT shopping? How about a rooftop party with The Sandbox’s in-crowd? Here the sun never sets. Enjoy the Haute Couture show and make new friends ’till your heart pops.
How can I get a Season 2 Alpha Pass NFT?
There are three different ways you can get a S2 Alpha Pass NFT: by using your The Sandbox account to play Alpha Season 2 and be eligible to win a S2 Alpha pass via the Raffle; or by participating in the Alpha Season 2 Social Contests for a chance to win each week, or by purchasing one on the secondary market.
Season 2 Alpha Pass Owners will win up to 1,000 $SAND. So read on for more details!
Anyone can create a free The Sandbox account ( create one right now).
How To Get A Season 2 Alpha Pass
- By playing Alpha Season 2 and entering the Raffle:
- Earn Raffle Tickets by completing quests in the experiences and leveling up during Season 2.
- The more Raffle Tickets you have, the more chances you have to win a S2 Alpha Pass during the Raffle.
- The Raffle will take place on March 31 at the end of Alpha Season 2, and the winners will be notified by email.
- Learn more about the Raffle here.
2. By participating in Social Contests:
- Get a chance to win a S2 Alpha Pass by participating in our Social Contests, from March 3 until March 23. Social daily contests activities will be available every weekday like in Season 1, and this time players can participate directly on The Sandbox website!
- One new activity + tweet to complete every weekday.
- Winners are randomly selected once a week to win a S2 Alpha Pass.
- Get more chances to win by completing all the activities!
3. By purchasing a Season 2 Alpha Pass:
- There might be S2 Alpha Pass Holders that decide to sell it on OpenSea. (I know, crazy right?) So this will be the only way you can purchase one. We will share the link to the official collection of Season 2 Alpha Passes as soon as it becomes available. Keep an eye out and good luck!
Be cautious about scams and fake Alpha Passes. Only use the links we provide to you to purchase a Season 2 Alpha Pass.
Your Alpha Season 2 Pass will also need to be in the wallet that is connected to your account at The Sandbox. Whether you win or purchase your pass, it needs to be in your wallet before Alpha Season 2 closes on the 31st March. Do not buy or claim passes after this date.
We hope this information has you excited for Alpha Season 2! We sure hope you have a great experience during the Alpha Season. Catch you in the Metaverse soon!